Anno loves Yamato

A forum for discussing the filmmakers and artists associated with Khara, Trigger, or Gainax, but apart from their studio projects.

Moderator: Board Staff

Shark Knight
Lilith

Re: Anno loves Yamato

•      
  •      

Postby Shark Knight » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:09 pm

I may be a bit off topic but I found Nemo as a failed attempt to be Yamato. You see in Yamato we had a charismatic commander that could be your dream granpa. But Nemo has always supposed to be this depressive closed character and in the show he is sort of like that but for some reason they all love him "omg he is so awesome" and all the woman like him. It was like a ridicule caricature. Also at the contrary of just being a parental and inspirational figure, he is a gloomy figure that will electra the crap out of his surrogate daughter.

Why didnt I watch the new Yamato instead of this?? Whyy?! :shinchair:
Let None Find Us Wanting

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:31 am

To be completely fair, there's a title card in Nadia's OP that says "Based on 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne." So the primary source of comparison should probably be 200,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Any similarities or dissonances of Yamato in Nadia is completely tangental to the narrative goals of the series.

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:41 am

Leiji Matsumoto has admitted that book being a major inspiration for his work (especially Harlock)
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:38 pm

And it seems he had something to say about Q apparently
漫画家の松本零士は、「『現代映像』とでも呼べるものを切り開いた」と評し、世界観の表現、「目が回るから面白い」ストーリー展開の速さ、艦船(ヴンダー)のデザイン、色彩感覚に対し賛辞を送っている。
Anyone have any idea what it says? Google translate only gave me a garbled mess of words
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Return to “Related to the Filmmakers and Artists”