Funimation: Evangelion 3.33 coming out February 2 2016

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Re: Funimation: Evangelion 3.33 coming out February 2 2016

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:08 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:You can't move forward from ending the world.

Even though evidence points to the contrary
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:11 pm

and a twist revealing Shinji wasn't responsible for ending the world with an asspull, even after the whole last movie was about how he ended the world would be a narrative copout of the worst degree.

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:16 pm

It would be an asspull if we had more than Kaworu's words to go on. Had Shinji stayed with Wille, who knows what he could've learned about the world around him. Something we'll most likely learn in Final
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:49 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:and a twist revealing Shinji wasn't responsible for ending the world with an asspull,

Um, dude, it wouldn't even be a "twist," much less an "asspull." A lot of us had our "Kaworu is bullshitting" sensors going crazy since the first viewing of Q, especially since he contradicts everything we saw prior to Eva Q. If Shinji isn't responsible, then the narrative is simply accepting acknowledging what we saw in Eva Ha was true. If it validities something we saw before Q, then how would be an "asspull" in Shin Eva?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:04 am

Continuing my side note regarding the latin spanish dub of 3.33...

It's worse than I imagined :cringe:
From video quality...
SPOILER: Show

...To voice acting...
SPOILER: Show
They alternate between pronouncing Evangelion (as in english, soft "g"), Evangelion (with a hard "g") and Evan-jelly-on; and Seele as Seleey :cringe:
Asuka sounds Horrible! NGE Kaworu and NGE Shinji soud surprisingly good (but maybe it's just the nostalgia)
The new Misato sounds ok, but I was already used to the one used in 1.11 and 2.22. The return of Maya's and Hyuuga's old NGE voice actors goes almost completely unnoticed as they have so few lines... The new Rei sounds way to lively for Rei (specially for a Rei that is less lively than that of 2.0)
The return of NGE Gendo is kinda, meh... Better than the one of 1.0 and 2.0, except for the pronunciation errors...
However, the worst of the worst is the translation! I know the idea is to change a word here and there to match syllabes but those were plain grammar and translation errors!
Asuka during the rescue mision: Anti AT Field was translated AT-Anti Field (literally like that!)
The Wunder is referred to as the "Slayer God"
Asuka when she meets Shinji again: It's been 14 years since you opened your eyes, idiot Shinji (I suppose they meant it's been 14 years since the awakening [of Eva 01])
At one point Shinji refers to Mark 09 as Eva 01! (WTF!?)
At one point Kaworu refers to Eva Unit 01 as "Eva 01 Unit"
They use "Lilith" and "Lilin" interchangeably throughout the film, loosing the sense of many lines...
The "spare" battery is translated as "spear"!
And many, MANY other errors like those...

I mean... No, that was just plain horrible :complain:

Sorry again for my rant...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”