NGE2: Shinji's 2nd Scenario Event Translations [PSP]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:49 pm

*Applies brain-bleach*
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:42 pm

As the master Anno once said, "sometimes it's a good thing to run away". Right now is one of those times.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:04 pm

Evangelion's purpose this entire time was to prepare us for this atrocity...
SPOILER: Show
...that wouldn't exist without Evangelion... ?
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:12 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:How I'm supposed to take the shogi scene in Q seriously again?

You laugh at the piece of comedy that this thing is and move on. :lol: Think of it like "After the End". It's just there to be funny.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

chaosakita
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby chaosakita » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:29 pm

I'm surprised more people haven't seen this scene before.

There are other funny scenes in the game, like Kaji being a crossdresser, Maya wanting to be a chef, and Shinji doing yoga with Misato.

Anyways I was hoping for some feedback of the translation.
Avatar: Shinji and Kaworu get ice cream

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:12 am

It probably doesn't feel like it as a script, but the scene is intended with a comedic/facetious tone and not to be taken too seriously. Think of it like that wacky Kaji/Shinji scene in 2.22

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:03 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote: It's just there to be funny.

It's clearly there to destroy our souls.
Thanks for tranlating it BTW.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:43 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:You laugh at the piece of comedy that this thing is and move on. :lol: Think of it like "After the End". It's just there to be funny.

Of course, my post too was humorous, guess I should had added an emote! :tongue:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:56 pm

Welp, you beat me to it with my old thread here (at the top of the Discussion section): http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/10581/NGE2-Shinjis-2nd-Scenario-Event-Translations-PSP/

Is it cool that I merged threads, chaosakita? Your translation's accurate from what I remember of the scene, along with the bracketed parts. Good job! :fuyusnap:

At the start of this thread is the Shinji and Misato yoga, along with Rei and Shinji bonding. Oh, and Kaworu the makeup artist. They're all from PSP Shinji's Scenario 2, I just never found the time to finish them.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

chaosakita
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby chaosakita » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:06 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Welp, you beat me to it with my old thread here (at the top of the Discussion section): http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/10581/NGE2-Shinjis-2nd-Scenario-Event-Translations-PSP/

Is it cool that I merged threads, chaosakita? Your translation's accurate from what I remember of the scene, along with the bracketed parts. Good job! :fuyusnap:

No prob!

Did you ever translate Kaji's scenario?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:13 pm

Nope, but it's pretty hilarious. "Please, call me Ryouko!" "Ry--Ryou--N-no, Kaji-san, stop!" :lol:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

chaosakita
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby chaosakita » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:27 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Nope, but it's pretty hilarious. "Please, call me Ryouko!" "Ry--Ryou--N-no, Kaji-san, stop!" :lol:

Maybe I could try to translate it. But it's definitely a lot longer and harder than the Fuyutsuki one.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:05 am

I've been waiting for Asuka's scene for years, now. Tick tock, SSD. :devil:
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Shark Knight
Lilith

Re: NGE2: Shinji's 2nd Scenario Event Translations [PSP]

•      
  •      

Postby Shark Knight » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:03 pm

Yeah me too, say is this game avalibable on the ps store or Vita? I may give it a shot with the trans and all.
Let None Find Us Wanting

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:10 pm

View Original PostShark Knight wrote:Yeah me too, say is this game avalibable on the ps store or Vita? I may give it a shot with the trans and all.

It's not. Only Battle Orchestra is available on PS Store. At least this is what my search gave me.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/ja-jp/%e3%82%b2%e3%83%bc%e3%83%a0/%e6%96%b0%e4%b8%96%e7%b4%80%e3%82%a8%e3%83%b4%e3%82%a1%e3%83%b3%e3%82%b2%e3%83%aa%e3%82%aa%e3%83%b3-%e3%83%90%e3%83%88%e3%83%ab%e3%82%aa%e3%83%bc%e3%82%b1%e3%82%b9%e3%83%88%e3%83%a9-portable/cid=JP0578-NPJH50255_00-0000000000000000

If you have a PSP the game has a BEST version so you can find it very cheap. The PS2 version is also cheap.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:33 am

Yeah, I have the "PSP the Best" version. It works with my US-bought PSP and everything. Only problem is I still don't know Japanese well enough to play it.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:07 pm

My PSP doesn't work anymore. I am thinking of buying the PS2 version and then rip the disc in order to play it on the emulator but i too don't know Japanese and this is the only thing that prevents me from buying it. It's nice that we have people translating portions of the game but unfortunately we don't have a hacker to make a patch with these translations for the game. Of course, this is easy for me saying it, since i am not a translator or a hacker. Only thing i could is donate for the project.

If Evageeks could provide a patch for NGE2, i am sure it would give this place much more spotlight and credit.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”