Street Fighter 5 announced for PS4 and PC

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Ray
Banned

Re: Street Fighter 5 announced for PS4 and PC

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:33 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zfM8ZVjins

Showcase of alternate costumes.

Look Capcom, I'll be willing to forgive the Rainbow Mika debacle because it 'could' have been because you wanted to avoid an M rating. But if screw us out of the sexy alternate costumes, then we are gonna have a real problem.

Also, and this is just me. Vega seems a bit too jacked. He supposed to be muscular but relatively lean when compared to the other fighters like Ken and Ryu. Like a swimmer's physique compared to a wrestler. but here he looks about as big as Ken.
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:04 am

I've never found any character design from SF4 onward particularly sexy. The change in art style to this new, ultra-thick look didn't work for me.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Bagheera
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:05 am

Man, is that typical of modern video games? I mean, the graphics are nice, but the crazy posing and random camera angles during special moves give me a heaping helping of "do not want."
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Ray
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:00 pm

Street Fighter 5 will be the first Street Fighter Game with a story mode.

http://www.engadget.com/2016/01/25/stre ... ee-update/

Hopefully it'll be as good as Mortal Kombat 9's story mode. I hope they take notes from the excellent Udon Entertainment comic books.

EDIT: I'm not saying it was the ESRB. . . but the timeline of events seems to line up nicely.

http://blogjob.com/oneangrygamer/2016/0 ... ensorship/
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

Blue Monday
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:14 am

"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Blue Monday
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:21 pm

First screenshots of Alex, my main from 3S, in SFV: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/mar/ ... -detailed/
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Ray
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:13 pm

I don't want to support Capcoms business practices. Basically releasing the same game twice. But they've brought back my main Sakura for the Arcade edition. I may have to (finally) retire my PS3 and get a PS4.

Sakura Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCJEDEZrzQQ

I got further in Street Fighter Alpha with her than I did with any other character in that game.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”