Evangelion Perfect Grade EVA 01 Issues

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
alistahr
Embryo

Evangelion Perfect Grade EVA 01 Issues

•      
  •      

Postby alistahr » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:55 am

Hey guys!

I'm new here, so if this isn't the right place to post this let me know.

I recently bought an EVA perfect grade model kit. It's the one with the End of Eva box and apparently the first perfect grade by BANDAI.

I'm currently working on it but I had to stop cause the rubber is impossible to put on the arms.

Has anyone had issues with this? I feel hopeless with it and it was quite expensive so would feel terrible to just let it sit there incomplete.

This forum is seriously my last hope

thanks.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Re: Evangelion Perfect Grade EVA 01 Issues

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:52 am

The PG Eva kit is awful exactly because of the rubber. It's genuinely not worth the money and effort for the trouble that you have to go through because int he end the armor sculpt is meh at best and the rubber also greatly impedes the posing.

The one somewhat consistent recommendation over the years to deal with stuffing the frame into the rubber has been talcum powder. dust the inside of the rubber parts and the frame should easily slide in.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

alistahr
Embryo

Re: Evangelion Perfect Grade EVA 01 Issues

•      
  •      

Postby alistahr » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:17 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:The PG Eva kit is awful exactly because of the rubber. It's genuinely not worth the money and effort for the trouble that you have to go through because int he end the armor sculpt is meh at best and the rubber also greatly impedes the posing.

The one somewhat consistent recommendation over the years to deal with stuffing the frame into the rubber has been talcum powder. dust the inside of the rubber parts and the frame should easily slide in.

Thank you so much, I will try this and yeah I keep hearing terrible things about this model. Another thing is the pieces don't stay on, the rubber pushes them off so moving it slightly will set your work back another 15 minutes.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”