New Off-Topic Subforum: Serious Discussion

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

New Off-Topic Subforum: Serious Discussion

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:48 am

Topics of a more serious or controversial nature that used to go into the Completely and Utterly Off-Topic forum now go into its new subforum, Serious Discussion. Serious Discussion, as currently set up, is not visible to the general public, and users can be individually banned from it either as a result of their own poor conduct in there or by request. Expect heavier moderation there than elsewhere on the site.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Re: New Off-Topic Subforum: Serious Discussion

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:25 am

To clarify, this is not just for the high drama issues. Anything you want to be taken seriously can go there.

The existing OT forum is now just for lighter, funny, or generally more upbeat content.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”