FML general thread [7]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Shamsiel-kun
Lilin
Lilin

Re: FML general thread [7]

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:04 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Could be worse, Nuke. There's a place in my town that buys blood plasma, but just the plasma... they cool it for storage, filter it, then put the red cells and some saline back in, at which point it's almost literally putting ice water in your veins. A gaming buddy of mine did that for a while when he was between jobs and he looked like a damn zombie after his donations, which could be up to 10 times a month for like $30 bucks a shot.

Sounds...painful. Also, 10 times a month? Don't they have quotas on how often one can donate and stay healthy? :huh:
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:08 am

Yeah, but putting the cells back raises the recovery rate significantly which is why they do it. Plasma is much more easily replaced than blood as a whole.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

xanderkh
Donor
Donor

Postby xanderkh » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:24 pm

Wow, it's been a while sense I posted here, but I guess it's something I need to get off my chest now. ;_;

Just recently, I ended a friendship that I felt I needed to end because of how strenuous it was getting. But because of how I ended it and how I worded it, I came across colder and more like a jerk than I intended. *sigh* I just hope that my former friend is going to be okay and I wish that I had worded it better when I ended it. I don't want to come across as cold and like a jerk when people hear about me. ;_;
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:03 pm

Are you sure you're not just being too hard on yourself? There's never a easy or painless way to end things with someone you actually care about so there's bound to be negativity involved no matter what you do. Sounds to me like you did the best you could, which is about all you can really hope for. :shrug:
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:20 pm

Frankly, nephew and niece are a bunch of lazy fucks who expect me to be their goddamn manservant... and I can't yell at them to get their fucking asses off and do something like cleaning up their own room and wash their own dishes. This is why I feel more like I'd rather eat alone than with them.

Ieyasu
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Ieyasu » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:05 pm

So tired I just put shaving gel on my toothbrush.
WHERE'S PAUL VERHOEVEN WHEN YOU NEED HIM

Ray
Banned

Postby Ray » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:07 pm

That happened to me once, only it was mosquito bite cream.
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:02 pm

Daniel Bryan called it. Goddamn. :cringe:

Ray
Banned

Postby Ray » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:37 pm

Who?
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:13 am

View Original PostRay wrote:Who?

WWE's Yes Man. Retired immediately from wrestling due to medical reasons, including persistent injuries sustained during his career.

https://www.facebook.com/wwe/photos/a.6 ... 43/?type=3

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”