Next Time Preview is FAKE! (Eva 2+8 unit)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Re: Next Time Preview is FAKE! (Eva 2+8 unit)

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:45 am

I can't find a more decently titled relevant thread to put this in so meh here it goes

If I'm reading this right the 8+2 preview was directed by Ichiro Itano, which suddenly explains literally everything about the choreography of it.
Another interesting tidbit is the direction called for some kind of sword to be used and the only reason the Magrok was used was because the digital department had a model of it that was used for the Super Eva action figure made a long time ago.
EDIT: I think, more specifically Yamashita is referring to the ANIMA version of the Magrok being used because it's the only version they had at the time as a 3D model, vs. the original 90s Magrok design which might have been intended to use. Not entirely sure though.

The preview finally makes perfect sense. Anno just went "lol, let Itano do it".
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:34 am

I'm not sure how Ichiro's direction is an indication for it being fake. Anno most likely would still have written the preview and we see earlier in the film foreshadowing for the MP Eva's
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:00 am

The choreography can certainly be explained through this, but given all the Mark06 clones we're shown, fact that the production studios spent time, effort, and money on motion-capture technology, AND the 8+2 toy that was made, I'd find it a bit odd and unwise for all of that to have happened without it being approved by Hideki Anno on some narrative level.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:22 am

Ignore thread title. I'm not in any way saying the preview is "fake". It's as real as the other previews meaning that's the preliminary ideas they have as of wrapping the last movie.

I'm saying Itano explains the style of it.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:27 pm

Speaking of 3.0+1.0, it's now January 2016. Do we even know when it's coming out?
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:31 pm

Nope. All eyes are on the G-man for the time being
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”