NGE Marathon in Japan?

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

NGE Marathon in Japan?

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:16 pm

I don't know if I read the google translate right, but it looks like they're going to have a marathon of the series on New Year's eve starting around noon.

http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-4270.html
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Re: NGE Marathon in Japan?

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:11 am

That's what I'm reading too. There's an article up on NicoLive, which I presume is the service that's going to be hosting it:
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv244618115
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:16 pm

Apologies for the double post. The Eva official twitter made a post about the marathon:

Starts Thursday at noon on NicoLive. Only viewable in Japan, of course. It looks like they're just doing episodes 1-26 and not EoE this time. Still a pretty cool way to ring in the new year! ^_^

They also posted this:

It says something about Eva and the NHK Red and White Song Battle. I'm guessing there'll be an Eva-related song in it? Edit: According to ANN, there's a special anime songs version that will feature Cruel Angel's Thesis sung by Sayuri Ishikawa and miwa. Neat!
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:21 pm

Sure would be nice if at the end of the marathon they decided to throw in a surprise about Final like they did with 3.0 back on New Years 2012. When we went from 2011 to 2012 they announced the third film would be named "You Can (Not) Redo". Be nice if the marathon ended with a title for the last entry.

But I won't get my hopes up.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:29 pm

Couldn't ask for a better date either. The eve of Third Impact and the end of the original series, and the final hurrah of Eva's 20th anniversary? It's perfect to advertise the "future" of the series. But like you said, no point getting our hopes up for anything like that!

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:30 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:
But I won't get my hopes up.

Same.

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:57 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:Same.

Yea they are only doing it because it's the year of Eva, and tomorrow starts the true Third Impact. :lol:
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:33 pm

The only thing they're missing is an orange juice sponsorship! :tongue:

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”