Our Third Impact is Nigh -- Upgrade Incoming

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:36 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:I'm fine with the new look (as long as the Wide w/Highlights option's there), though like anything else it'll take some getting used to.

I'm making a wide option (it's only one line of CSS); but I've never got the "highlights" bit. Mr.Tines told me what it is:
View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Whether rows in tabular output are highlighted on hover or not -- uses javascript switching the CSS class; rather than using a CSS :hover pseudo-element.

but I can't find a page on which any difference is apparent.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:53 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:but I can't find a page on which any difference is apparent.

Topic list pages like

http://forum.evageeks.org/forum/feedback/

Background colour goes from #EFEFEF to #FAFAFA
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:56 am

I keep expecting the forum to be different, and nothing is changing. Quit teasing me, Monk!
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:07 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Topic list pages like
http://forum.evageeks.org/forum/feedback/
Background colour goes from #EFEFEF to #FAFAFA

Gotcha (at last!) - I was concentrating on the forum list which doesn't do that. Well, I'll look into implementing it; I wouldn't intend to double the number of themes to make it a selectable option, though.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:
The theme I'm modifying has that implemented already, and on the forum index page too. That was easy!! (I just need to make a better colour selection)

PS:
Bagheera wrote:I keep expecting the forum to be different, and nothing is changing. Quit teasing me, Monk!

Because of the need to change the DNS, there will be a lead time of about 48 hours (the current TTL time - time that DNS lookups are allowed to be cached) after Monk and Ornette have agreed the timetable. The forum could be shut down before the end of that so that the transfer is complete at about the time the DNS can be changed.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:02 am

We shall need at least to suspend posting into the old forum, just so that there's not a moving target to transfer.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:46 am

Thanks for your hard work, guys! Here's hoping the changeover is relatively painless.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:02 am

I'll be going to bed soon. (I know, it's the morning.) When I get up (in the evening), I'll make the final announcement in here, do some practice, then lock down the forum and get to work.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:17 pm

The promised time has come.

As of 20:00 CST tonight, EvaGeeks Forums will enter lockdown. No further posts will be made. All life on EvaGeeks will have reached its terminus.

Then, the final transfer begins. All posts, topics, forums, and users will enter the converter, and be transformed. Upon completion of the automated process, the result will be guided by my hand into its final form.

And then, life shall begin anew.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”