Beware of the Evangelion Bootlegs

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:58 pm

View Original PostMKDestroyer wrote:Is it a bootleg? It's after the rebuild pictures. Btw, I watched the whole thing and all the DVDs worked.

I agree, it looks legit, except you got the original DVD releases and not the Platinum releases. So, you kinda got screwed. But for $35, you didn't get taken for much of a ride.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

MKDestroyer
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby MKDestroyer » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:51 pm

Well I should mention that I did pay $35 originally for it and I took the risk. I bought it on Amazon and I emailed the seller about how maybe they mixed the set up and that I would be willing to ship it back to get the platinum set. They said that was how it was received to them and no questions asked, they gave me a full refund and said I could keep the item. So yeah, can't complain about that.

Well even at $35 I still would be glad I took that risk. That's pretty cheap for the original set. I've seen some go for $50+ plus the platinum box looks nice.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:09 pm

So you got the whole thing for $0. Sweet.

Saw a Platinum set on SF Bay Craigslist several weeks ago but did not jump on it.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

MKDestroyer
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby MKDestroyer » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:20 pm

Yeah pretty much. Would have been nice if it was the platinum for $35. But I'm pretty happy getting the original DVDs for nothing. I like the original covers. Of course I like the platinum covers as well.

newevageek
Embryo

The set I bought

•      
  •      

Postby newevageek » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:04 pm

This is the platinum thinpak collection I bought and the seller I bought it from. It looks so legit that it's hard to tell, so I'm betting this is actually a legit release, but I wanted to ask because I'm new to Evangelion. The cases are black not clear, and it came shrink wrapped as if it had never been opened. The color looks to me to be the proper metallic sheen instead of an off gray. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neon-Genesis-Evangelion-Platinum-The-Complete-Collection-DVD-6-Disc-New-/272052818614?hash=item3f579c92b6:g:KBcAAOSwl8NVZ1Y0

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”