Monster Hunter Frontier X Evangelion Collaboration - July 25

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Monster Hunter Frontier X Evangelion Collaboration - July 25

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:40 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnEmHEDLYaM

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/07/17/video-monster-hunter-frontier-g-x-evangelion-collaboration-previewed

It looks like Monster Hunter Frontier G is getting some pretty sweet Evangelion equipment as part of a crossover to celebrate the bluray release next month. According to the article, the goods include plugsuit costumes, armors of Eva 00 and 01, the Lance of Longinus, the Positron Rifle, and some kind of AT Field as weapons.

It's a shame this isn't out in the US. I really want those Eva armors! :lol:

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:44 pm

Seeing an Eva attack a Giant Tiger monster in a video game is almost surreal

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:41 pm

Thanks for the info! News post'ed!

~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:17 pm

Weird that there's no huntable Angels. Some of their designs would readily lend themselves to a Monster Hunter makeover, even.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

deeRez
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby deeRez » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:02 am

No Asuka? How dare they!

This boy is sticking to Phantasy Star then:
http://i.imgur.com/DKgT0JX.jpg
In and of itself, self-evident.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:57 am

http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-4177.html

More crossover! Now you can get Asuka/Eva 02 and Kaworu/Eva 06!
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:01 pm

Twitter'ed! (Ow my spleen!)

~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:14 am

Someone please explain to me why the fuck you would do a crossover with a video game where the whole idea is to hunt down and gruesomely kill giant monsters, and then utterly fail to make any use whatsoever of the "giant monsters" part. The only reason this crossover has to exist at all is to let you hunt Angels in the game. Whoever is responsible for the current, hopelessly misguided state of affairs should be fired and forced to shave their head then walk through Akihabara in the nude.

(Granted, if they did manage to provide the Angels to fight, then Eva skins for your hunter would logically follow, but never one without the other.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:00 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:Someone please explain to me why the fuck you would do a crossover with a video game where the whole idea is to hunt down and gruesomely kill giant monsters, and then utterly fail to make any use whatsoever of the "giant monsters" part. The only reason this crossover has to exist at all is to let you hunt Angels in the game. Whoever is responsible for the current, hopelessly misguided state of affairs should be fired and forced to shave their head then walk through Akihabara in the nude.

(Granted, if they did manage to provide the Angels to fight, then Eva skins for your hunter would logically follow, but never one without the other.)

Most of Monster Hunters additional DLC (That I've seen) tends to focus on new Armour/Weapons than adding new Monsters to the game. It was the same for MH4 on the DS, you had crossovers with a variety of franchises in terms of armour and weapons but no creatures from those games showed up.

With that said Monster Hunters worlds tend to be fairly well defined, certain monsters will show up in particular areas at certain times. Maybe introducing additional ones would spoil that somehow? It does seem like a bit of a missed opportunity though to not have at least one Angel show up in maybe an arena battle.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”