09 Rei

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:27 pm

View Original Postxanderkh wrote:................. Do you have a harem Chuckman?

It's better to have sex with one other person at a time. Trying to direct your attention at two people as actually distracting and a borderline uncomfortable.

@Bags, you need to dream a little bigger, darling. Always be the alpha.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:32 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Your friends will give you shit, but who's fucking Mari and Asuka? Damn right.

Why would you want be a beta, and why in a relationship with a sociopathic Britbong and a German?

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:38 pm

View Original PostTankred wrote:Why would you want be a beta, and why in a relationship with a sociopathic Britbong and a German.

Okay, have you seen Asuka and Mari? If you don't want them you need to get off the internet and join the rest of us in real life, because my gods man, they're hot as hell.

Also, being alpha is lame. It's far more interesting when your partners have their own agendas.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:50 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Also, being alpha is lame. It's far more interesting when your partners have their own agendas.

Someone has clearly never heard of topping from the bottom.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Postby cyharding » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:30 pm

Uh....this thread got weird really quick. Par for the course I guess.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:40 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Someone has clearly never heard of topping from the bottom.

Someone has clearly never heard of "two hot chicks with their own agendas." Seriously, Chuck, which is hotter: Asuka doing what she wants, with you following along, or a brainless Asuka as your minion? If you vote for the latter you aren't half the man I assumed you to be. Topping from the bottom is obviously a thing, but it's only useful if your partner is worthy. If she isn't you're just wasting your time.

So, are MariAsu worthy? Indubitably. Are they topping from the bottom? Who cares, man? When your partners are insanely hot you just roll with it and do whatever.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:22 pm

Dude it's almost insulting for you to brand all submissives as minions.

Time for Chuckman to deliver a powerful teaching:

Let me tell you why Fifty Shades of Grey exploded in popularity. It's not because of the physical acts described in the book and it's not because the readership has internalized the patriarchy and idealized victimhood and abusive relationships.

It's because the readership enjoys a relief valve, which is the basis for submission in real life both generally and in BDSM practices. It's powerful people who exert a lot of control and decision making in their lives that enjoy submission the most. It allows people a complete release from that stress for a time. To just be taken care of for a while, instead of relentlessly organizing and deciding.

Now there's a lot of confusion here, because abusive behavior in relationships comes from a sense of weakness, not power, and sex-negative feminism tends to confuse "dominant partner" with "abusive partner" because fear is itself the dominant factor in fourth wave feminist ideology, as is clear to any and all Chuckmen who see the secret heart of things. True dominance is an act of caring, compassion, and support. It's all about the sub. The sub sets the tone and boundaries and controls by yielding.

There are degrees of dom/sub lifestyle ranging from occasional play in the bedroom to perpetual nude slavery or pet play. Based on her character I feel like Asuka would tend towards the lower/middle side of that spectrum and get a great deal of fulfillment out of it. That's why she kept pushing Shinji to take the initiative, she wants someone whose arms she can fall into for support when she's tired of being peerless, to be valued and pampered.

Do you not see?

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:31 pm

Is this really the best article to be talking about this?
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:36 pm

This thread was finished a long time ago.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:36 pm

So hey... what the hell does any of this have to do with kuroRei?

aww... Sachi ninja'd me.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”