HAPPY HALLOWEEN 2015!

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:59 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:SSD, you are cute as hell.

Thanks! :shinjismile:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Ieyasu
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Ieyasu » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:35 am

I wish it was more of a thing here than it is. I'm fairly sure Halloween is bigger in the US than UK. Everyone seems to half-ass it here, myself included. There's not much incentive to go for it when everyone else is half-assing it too.
WHERE'S PAUL VERHOEVEN WHEN YOU NEED HIM

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:26 am

View Original PostIeyasu wrote:I wish it was more of a thing here than it is. I'm fairly sure Halloween is bigger in the US than UK. Everyone seems to half-ass it here, myself included. There's not much incentive to go for it when everyone else is half-assing it too.

We never were too into it, Mischief Night and Penny for the Guy were far more popular than Halloween ever was until relatively recently, Guy Fawkes is where it's at usually. I should really get some bonfire toffee.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:49 pm

That's Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool in the back by the way.

Ieyasu
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Ieyasu » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:24 am

View Original PostTankred wrote:We never were too into it, Mischief Night and Penny for the Guy were far more popular than Halloween ever was until relatively recently, Guy Fawkes is where it's at usually. I should really get some bonfire toffee.

Of all the celebrations and stuff they do in UK Halloween is probably the one I'm most interested in, even if it's meaning has mostly fallen away and become something else. I'm drawn to the various festivals of the dead/spirits in different cultures, Día de Muertos, O-bon, etc. Just find it more interesting than the usual.

Bonfire Night lost its charm for me though. Maybe I'm just getting older, but there's no way I'm standing outside freezing my ass off for 30 mins. Last year I don't think anyone even let any rockets off round here.
WHERE'S PAUL VERHOEVEN WHEN YOU NEED HIM

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”