Love Live! Film Tops Evangelion:1.0 Ticket Sales in S. Korea

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Love Live! Film Tops Evangelion:1.0 Ticket Sales in S. Korea

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:56 am

The Love Live! The School Idol Movie anime film has sold 86,400 tickets in South Korea as of October 13, making it the anime film with the highest amount of tickets sold in the country. The film topped the previous record holder, Evangelion: 1.0 You Are [Not] Alone, which sold 76,397 tickets. Love Live! The School Idol Movie opened in South Korea on September 3.

Read more
[url]http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-10-19/love-live-film-tops-evangelion-1.0-ticket-sales-in-s-korea/.94355[/url]
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:02 am

Well. . . That's mildly depressing.

If pandering crap like that is what sells over Eva then maybe anime deserves to die out in five years like Anno says it will.

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:12 am

View Original PostRay wrote:Well. . . That's mildly depressing.

If pandering crap like that is what sells over Eva then maybe anime deserves to die out in five years like Anno says it will.

Dude..... i have no words. I'll just listen to one of my favorite Love Live! songs.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Yk5azTtAI[/url]

Can't wait for the movie.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:05 am

Well not to surprised to hear this considering how well the movie did in Japan

also obligatory Nico is best girl, best sub unit is bibis, best solo song is Arifureta Kanashimi No Hate
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

xPearse
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby xPearse » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:13 am

Well, it is Love Live and you know how autistic the Liver fanbase is, so there's no surprise there. Otaku shows with little girls will always sell boatloads.

View Original PostRay wrote:pandering crap

Implying Eva doesn't have it's own share. :devil:
Evangelion, Higurashi, Terra Formars and video game translations
http://pearsehillock.blogspot.co.uk/

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:42 am

The only thing I can say about moé right now is that it's at least not actively ruining the experience of going back and watching Kiki's Delivery Service... yet.

...And Squid Girl wasn't bad either. Beyond that, the rest of the genre kind of passes me by without so much as a second glance.

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:50 pm

Yeah, Love Live is pretty popular and given how huge the idol fanbase is (not 100% fat men unlike what "true" anime fans would like you to think) it's no surprise they beat even a household name like Eva.

Films satisfying "baser" impulses are always going to be more popular than others, but that's no reason to go all out with the censure of it being pandering crap or whatever. I certainly could use seeing less of that whenever i come to anime/internet communities.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:51 pm

View Original PostDream wrote: Yeah, Love Live is pretty popular and given how huge the idol fanbase is (not 100% fat men unlike what "true" anime fans would like you to think) it's no surprise they beat even a household name like Eva.

Ever see Perfect Blue? Oh what am I saying? I'm the guy who's a fan of Macross.

Films satisfying "baser" impulses are always going to be more popular than others, but that's no reason to go all out with the censure of it being pandering crap or whatever. I certainly could use seeing less of that whenever I come to anime/internet communities.

Don't be too offended, I felt the same way when Pacific Rim lost to Grown Ups 2 at the American box Office. Or whenever Bay makes undeserved billions at the box office. But apparently it's not just America waddling into Idiocracy. Nobody wants to exercise their brain muscles when going to the movies or watching TV anymore.

People vote with their money, and when people vote for bad movies, all we get are bad movies. It's the difference between fast food and a decent five star feast. The difference is though, a good meal and a bad meal are expensive and cheap respectively. Pandering Movies and Thought provoking movies, cost exactly the same. The difference between food and film though, is that the five star restaurant doesn't start serving KFC when they start getting more customers than them. With film though (and anime) when 'baser' films sell more than smart films, studios put money into making more of those and less money into making the smarter films.

Why do you think we get so much derivative Moe and Harem anime?

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:33 pm

Satoshi Kon has made some really good fiction but at the end of the day is just that. I don't mean to say it doesn't have insightful commentary into Japanese industry but i don't think it's responsible to take it as gospel either.

People have always picked the "pleb" option in their entertainment and they always will. For better or worse i'm afraid all the conjecture on film and food is about as fruitful as stemming a waterfall with one's hands. The term "pop culture" doesn't exactly lend itself to Though Provoking, as people want to see what they enjoy rather than what someone else has decided they should watch. I do agree -if with significant divergences- that we should try and have a stronger connection with higher culture/edifying interests and popular entertainment though.

Anyways i don't really care about trashy entertainment either (however for me violence or vulgarity are more disagreeable than pandering), but the reason you don't see me complaining about all the violence in Hollywood or whatever is because i'd rather not say anything than bring out something which i believe is fruitlessly destructive (your taste or this work is bad because x). The world has enought people who wail and tear down, i'd rather be one of the people that add things to it. All i can say about moe (i'm not too familiar with it myself) is that it tends to be "misappreciated" -for lack of better term- by certain kinds of western audience.

Anyways this has probably gotten off-topic enought as it is and the primary points have been probably exchanged, so yeah.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:04 pm

Nothing can hold a record forever. Especially when it comes to box office ticket sales.

Even one day a film will come along & outgross Avatar at the world wide box office. Maybe even in the next two years. It's inevitable. No reason to get worked up.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:16 pm

The new Star Wars movie is expected to dethrone the King Of The world.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”