Beethoven's 9th Symphony used in NGE is gone from YT

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
MarioAyanami128
Embryo

Beethoven's 9th Symphony used in NGE is gone from YT

•      
  •      

Postby MarioAyanami128 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:12 pm

I'm not exactly sure if this is the correct place to post this topic.
But it seems that there was the exact recording of Beethoven's 9th Symphony used in NGE, around 12-15 minutes longer than the TV-cut, uploaded on YT for a while now. I didn't have the time to install the new version of aTube Catcher bc of College and stuff. Today, after finally finding the time for it, I discovered that King Records has taken the video off the air due to copyright claims (seriously? Classical music can be used freely by the public, if I'm not mistaken on Copyright Law).

Does anyone in this forum have the mp3 of that version of Beethoven 9th?
The Eva-Zelda relations are way stronger than you can ever imagine.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:14 pm

Same thing for the rebuild ost version. Every other song on the 3.0 OST is still available on YouTube, ode to joy is in the public domain, why was it pulled down?

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:54 pm

The song itself is within the public domain, but not that specific recording/performance of the song. When it comes to ownership of music, there's a distinction between owning a song (which falls under publishing) and owning a recording of a song. Anybody can perform the song within the public domain without having to pay royalties to the publisher, however one cannot take a recording of the song and use it freely.

My guess is that those videos of Beethoven's 9th got popular enough to draw the attention of the recording company that owns the rights to the recording, and they had it pulled. Everything else probably didn't even come close to the number of views.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:36 pm

You can find that particular version of the 9th on the Evangelion Addition album, since the Evangelion 3.0 version was a different recording.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:56 am

The recording used in NGE is part of a recording that was made before the series. It is still available in its original form (I have a copy) - the Evangelion Addition form was merely a reissue tied in to the Eva franchise.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:28 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:The recording used in NGE is part of a recording that was made before the series. It is still available in its original form (I have a copy) - the Evangelion Addition form was merely a reissue tied in to the Eva franchise.

What is this original recording, and does it have all four movements? I would like to add this to my collection of Beethoven's 9th.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:30 am

Yes, it's a complete performance recorded in 1993 by an Iranian conductor. I'll add details when I'm back home and can dig out the CD.

EDIT:

This is the disk I have:
[url]http://www.amazon.com/Beethoven-Symphony-No-minor-Op/dp/B00000221F[/url]

The same recording was licensed for sale as an "Evangelion" CD:
[url]http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/KICC-231[/url]
There are other "Evangelion Classic" CDs, containing Verdi's Requiem with the same conductor, several complete Bach works, and a selection of Handel (more details).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:30 pm

Those should all be listed on the Wiki, too :)

And yep, the Addition booklet lists the details of the recording, too.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”