I pre-ordered Eva 3.33 at Rightstuf 2 years ago

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
TonyTH
Adam

I pre-ordered Eva 3.33 at Rightstuf 2 years ago

•      
  •      

Postby TonyTH » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:39 am

So I just wanted to share this with fans because it's funny to me, but I'm also curious if anyone else did this as well.

Back when Evageeks posted this article back in November of 2013, I jumped at the opportunity because it was only a little over 20 bucks and I knew I was going to get it anyway. And then it got delayed endlessly and you know the rest as far as that mess goes. We've all been on this crazy ride together. Unless you import and don't care about the English release.

We got no word for so long, but I got a repeat of an email every few weeks saying "We're working on it". I'd laugh every time, as it just reminded me how long and ridiculous this whole Funi 3.33 release situation has been. But also in the back of my mind, I knew I had paid for it and I'd get it eventually.

I hadn't thought about it in a long time, but I just went through my email account, and noticed I stopped receiving those emails around July. So now I'm worried it might of gotten lost or something. A lot of the links in the email for updating the order don't really work anymore. So I've sent them an email telling them whats up, wondering if I can just still get it when it comes out in February.

Anyone else pre-order it way back when and just not cancel it? Curious. I'll keep you all posted if you care once I receive a reply.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:44 am

Amazon cancelled my pre-order a while back.

View Original PostTonyTH wrote:I knew I had paid for it and I'd get it eventually.

What? They took your money back then? Amazon don't take it until shipping time, and charge you the lowest price if it changes (either way) meantime.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

TonyTH
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby TonyTH » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:14 am

Rightstuf did, yes. I probably should of mentioned that.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:33 pm

How did you pay? I order from them as rule for my anime purchases (and I'm a Got Anime member to boot) and they never charge me before shipping and I use a credit card. Are you using PayPal or did you send a check or money order? I could understand then as they would want the money upfront first.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:46 pm

You did the right thing by contacting them. Probably you will have an answer sooner or later. Are you sure you didn't receive any email in which they were telling you that they canceled your order?
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:13 am

I haven't ordered from Rightstuf in awhile, but they and Amazon have always been good regarding customer service. Hope it all works out!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

cody727kirby
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby cody727kirby » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:09 pm

I have the same story as OP. I received an email from them yesterday (10/13/2015) updating me on the situation:
Hello from the Right Stuf Anime team!

We're contacting you because you pre-ordered FUNimations's upcoming release of Neon Genesis Evangelion 3.33 from us. As you know, the title was originally scheduled to be released in 2014, but was delayed indefinitely. However, last weekend, FUNimation informed us that this title will be released February 2, 2016. Thank you for your incredible patience as we waited for more information on this release. If you need to cancel or modify your order for Neon Genesis Evangelion 3.33, please contact our Customer Care team.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding, and have a fantastic day!

Best,
-The Right Stuf Anime Team

On the day I pre-ordered (11/20/2013) the price was $20.99. There does seem to be a price increase since then. Wonder if this is due to the choice to change it to a BD/DVD combo instead of a standalone release. Either way, I believe people who preordered will be able to keep the lower price.

TonyTH
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby TonyTH » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:09 pm

I haven't had time to get back and post, but yeah, I wasn't charged. It was so long ago I didn't even notice. They did get back to me promptly and told me my order was good. I logged on my rightstuf account(Which I also forgot was a thing I made), and set the calendar waaaay back and found the order. Still pending. Crazy. I also feel stupid, but it was also like two years ago.

So as the poster above me said, the price is still 20.99 plus shipping. So yeah, I guess doing that all that time ago saved us a few bucks at least!

Cytoscourge
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Cytoscourge » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:29 pm

Is this the last EVA movie?

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:57 pm