Favorite crazy Evangelion theories

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:25 pm

*That Seele are Nazis or that their goals are at all similar to Nazi ideology. Like, seriously, who are you to think this? Francis E. Dec, Esq.?
*That Zerogouki isn't inhabitated by part of Rei's soul (I was guilty of this one)
*That Gendou is the villain, especially when this comes from persons who otherwise worship Satsuki (e.e. hot teenage girl Gendou)
*That everyone is dead or doomed after Instrumentality &c.
*That Yui or Rei or Kouzou or Gendou or Kaworu did anything wrong
*That trees don't have souls
Last edited by Lavinius on Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:25 pm

View Original PostPurpleandRed wrote:So, why are you guys not seeing that Asuka may be 5'1"? It has not said anywhere from what I seen that she was 4 feet. And I'm sure we shouldn't be judging peoples' height. uhh:

Because the official lineart posted in the thread Gob linked makes that impossible. Based on that art Asuka is around 4'10", Shinji is 4'9", and Rei is 4'7". Reichu gave the details of her methodology here (though she added an inch to each of the kids in that post).

And no, these are not average heights. It's less of a deal for Shinji, since boys tend to get their growth spurts later, but girls typically get their around 12 or 13, meaning Asuka should have had hers already (and should be taller than Misato by now). It's possible she's a late bloomer, but she's still unusually short for her age.

View Original PostLavinius wrote:*That Yui or Rei or Kouzou or Gendou or Kaworu did anything wrong

Gendo abandoned his son, manipulated the Akagis (and cheated on his dead wife in the process) and screwed the pooch with the dummy system, while Rei kinda tanged the world. It's hard to argue they did nothing wrong.

*That trees don't have souls

The Parliament of Green appreciates your wisdom.
Last edited by Bagheera on Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:26 pm

Well, look at her in comparison to Misato: Misato has at least a good five to six inches on her.

SPOILER: Show
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Sgt. Griff » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:30 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:...and cheated on his dead wife in the process.

But she's dead, in my mind at least it's fair game after that.

All the other stuff was spot on though.
Leave Shinji alone

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:35 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Gendo abandoned his son, manipulated the Akagis (and cheated on his dead wife in the process) and screwed the pooch with the dummy system, while Rei kinda tanged the world. It's hard to argue they did nothing wrong.
"X did nothing wrong" is a deliberately hyperbolic phrase. All of those things Gendou certainly did do wrong. In reigards to Rei, [insert picture of smug Seele lord here].
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:35 pm

View Original PostSgt. Griff wrote:But she's dead, in my mind at least it's fair game after that.

She's not, though. She's in Unit 01, and Gendo desperately wants to see her again. I always wondered how he would explain the Akagi business to her if he ever got his wish.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Sgt. Griff » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:38 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:She's not, though. She's in Unit 01, and Gendo desperately wants to see her again. I always wondered how he would explain the Akagi business to her if he ever got his wish.

I suppose. Gendo would most likely justify it as a means to an end, much like Yui's means to an end of using Eva to live forever.
Leave Shinji alone

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:41 pm

View Original PostSgt. Griff wrote:I suppose. Gendo would most likely justify it as a means to an end, much like Yui's means to an end of using Eva to live forever.

I agree that's how Gendo would justify it. I do not imagine Yui would be amused.

But then, perhaps this is why she ate him.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:46 pm

Man, it's easy to forget just how tall Gendo is when he's sitting all the time.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:52 pm

Six feet is not all that tall -- heck, I'm 6'1"! But matters are different for Japanese, I suppose.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:34 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:I always wondered how he would explain the Akagi business to her if he ever got his wish.

"I'm not a robot, honey."

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:40 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:"I'm not a robot, honey."

"Neither were the women you fucked, 'honey'."

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:44 pm

The joke is that she's a robot. Sigh.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:06 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:
The joke is that she's a robot. Sigh.

:headdesk: Oh, gods, I am a moron. My apologies.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:16 pm

If anything I deserve credit for slipping that one past you. It's all in the wrist.

SEELE
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:03 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:
  • EoE should never have been made. Original ending was perfect the way it was!
  • DC episodes and EoE are terrible retconned piles of shit.
  • Kaworu is a clone of Kiel or Gendo or any other character that wasn't there for the contact experiment.
  • Sadamoto's best work is done alone.
  • The giant tits on Kaworu's angel statue are only there because titties are awesome. There is no deeper reason.

EoE and the DC is awesome. Of course you echoing the stupid assumptions - but just to clarify it.
Kaworu is either a clone of a unknown person, Dr. Katsuragi or somebody from SEELE/Nerv. I always assumed it was Fuyutsuki because the haircolour matches if you take out a certain spectrum. And given the circumstances with Kaworus affection for Shinji - Kozo would fit for Yuis affection - same case for Dr. Katsuragi (because Misato). I retconned this in my fic that the Contact-experiment that brought Second Impact was a involuntary DNA mashup where the smartest DNA was chosen to create something like Kaworu (a god). In my fic Kozo, Dr. Katusragi and Kiel are the main donors.
The manga is shit. I don't like it.
The statue is symbolic for Kaworu. This is a judeo-concept of God and Angels are being of no def. gender.

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote: Here's another dumb conclusion I see all the time:
ReiQ was designed as a deliberate slap in the face to Rei's fans, being Anno's way of telling them "your waifu sucks and you suck for liking her." Because Anno hates Rei, hates Rei's fans, and is furious that people don't see her as creepy and unsettling as he originally intended.

Anno said himself that he can (not) connect with Rei in an interview. And because Binahs arc is to stop being a doll - she actually fullfilled her purpose in 2.0/Ha. The only difference the NTE universe has is that Rei COULD be saved from Unit 01 in FINAL/3.0+1.0. Everything else is according to NGE. Rei (the possible love interest for Shinji) dies in E23. NTE just went from Rei II straight to Rei IV. I doubt that Rei II will return - but there is a possiblity. So everything is better than E23-NGE. Because Rei is in this iteration dead for good. So how is this a slap for the community? Especially if you consider the high amount of screentime in Ha/2.0. Rei is favourite girl right now. And Asuka is casted aside. I think Anno is saving a big suprise for FINAL/3.0+1.0 because he stated that Asuka was his favourite girl back in the days (think about Gunbuster and Nausicaä)

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:I don't even think that NTE states that Rei is a direct clone of Yui exactly, only that something similar looking came out of an attempt to extract Yui from Unit 01. This seems consistent across both cannons.

Pointless 3.0 Spoiler
NTE says that Rei Ayanami is clone of the genetical profile of Yui. Fuyutsuki himself stated that. There is no doubt about it. And NGE clearifies this once and for all. And most of all that Ayanami is the maiden name from Yui implies that Gendo views her as daughter. Rei shipping only works in NGE because Ayanami could be anyone.

View Original PostLavinius wrote:*That Seele are Nazis or that their goals are at all similar to Nazi ideology. Like, seriously, who are you to think this? Francis E. Dec, Esq.?
*That Gendou is the villain, especially when this comes from persons who otherwise worship Satsuki (e.e. hot teenage girl Gendou)
*That Yui or Rei or Kouzou or Gendou or Kaworu did anything wrong

SEELE is anti-individualistic and highly destructive. They form a an idea of purification and collectivism. This sounds like Proletarian-babble from my point of view. And this would qualify as leftism at best. But then again the attempt to make it a totaliterian decision undermines certain aspects of Facism in a sense that they would choose for somebody. This sounds like Marx to me because SEELE just put a system over the current system in the form of Instrumentality. I highly doubt that this was the intention - but Communism and Judeo-Christianity are similiar to each other - and given the circumstances of Marx catholic education - we can assume this is somehow relevant in a sense that this is above "left and right".
Gendo is not the villian in NGE. But in NTE he certainly is. We don't know how far this goes. NTE implied that Kiel and SEELE has planned the outcome all along. And Gendos defilement by shutting off SEELE indicates that he is in charge. Wouldn't suprise me if Anno would make him the straight out villian of NTE or that SEELE is planning something.
Yui, Kozo, Gendo or Kaworu could have altered the outcome of NGE-EoE and NTE. But they did not do that. I blame Gendo for fucking up Shinji in NGE.
"Shinji repeatedly rises to the occasion, overcomes his own doubts and fears and puts others ahead of himself to the point of self harm. The situation overwhelms him. Victory does not define a hero. Intent does. He breaks at the end, but after inhuman, overwhelming, borderline comedic suffering." - Chuckman talking about Shinji as a hero
Final Fantasy 7 gets a remake. I hope it doesn't goes the same way NTE did.
Plus I kinda want to be done with this franchise for a while and concentrate on other things in life. - Guy Nacks

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:43 pm

View Original PostLavinius wrote:*That Seele are Nazis or that their goals are at all similar to Nazi ideology.

Well their leader's name is Keel Lorenze as in Konrad Zacharias Lorenz so maybe that assertion isn't too far off the mark, what with their authoritative, sing minded "third reich" i.e. "third retribution" (what they called 3I) mentality about cleaning humanity (in a genocidal fashion). I think it's that same cult-like mentality and religious zealotry that make them Nazi's...

Plus, in my headcanon, the SDSS were found during WII by the Nazi's and Keel was among them (but that's just me of course...)
FROM EVANGELION:
"Acts of Man are greater than acts of God!"

"I'm saying that I love you."

NOT FROM EVANGELION:
"You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold."

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:42 pm

Seele is pretty clearly based on the Nazi occult and various smoke filled room/occult order conspiracy theories. The're a mashup of the Thule Society and the Illuminati with a dash of The Jewish Conspiracy to give it that wonderfully 'anime' 'we don't actually know that much about this component of Western culture but it looks cool to us' flavor.

Cybermat47
Clockiel
Clockiel

Your Stupidest Eva Interpretations

•      
  •      

Postby Cybermat47 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:34 pm

Asuka's Mother's name is Kyoko Zeppelin Soryu. Zeppelin is a German company that makes airships, which are extremely large - thus, it is clear that Hideaki Anno wanted us to think of Kyoko as a large woman. However, when we see her in Asuka's flashbacks, she's quite thin.

It's obvious that Kyoko's appetite, as well as her maternal side, were trapped in Eva 02 - this explains why Eva 02 isn't as thin in End of Evangelion, after Kyoko's soul has awakened more.

But that's just a part of Anno's brilliance. Let's look at some facts.

- Stupid people think that overweight people are greedy.
- Stupid people also think that Jews are greedy.
- Gendo Ikari has a Jewish symbol, the Tree of Sephiroth on the ceiling of his office.
- Gendo is a stupid person.

The Tree of Sephiroth is there to remind Gendo of Kyoko. Therefore, the greatest secret of NGE is revealed - Gendo and Kyoko were lovers.

Shinji and Asuka are brother and sister.

Now, look at what this shows us.

There are three female characters who can be seen as love interests for Shinji:

- Rei, a clone of his Mother.
- Misato, his main Mother figure.
- Asuka, who I have just 100% proved is Shinji's sister.

The true meaning behind Evangelion, then, is at last revealed: incest is okay.

I lost some braincells thinking this garbage up.
Reichu wrote:It’s all weird and phallic.

OtherNigel
Embryo

Re: Your Stupidest Eva Interpretations

•      
  •      

Postby OtherNigel » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:06 am

Eva is just about the Jewish New World Order.
(Not lying, I heard that on 4chan once, on /pol/)

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”