Where is this shirt from?

A forum for discussing the filmmakers and artists associated with Khara, Trigger, or Gainax, but apart from their studio projects.

Moderator: Board Staff

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Where is this shirt from?

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:04 pm

So I was watching Rocco Botte's latest video on YouTube... it's a dumb John Cena video, but he was wearing this shirt, and I am so certain that I've seen it before in Eva, or another Gainax show like Otaku Video. I've been looking through trying to find where it's from, and it's driving me crazy, someone help me out?

Black shirt with pink squares surrounding a yellow square that's rotated slightly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sw--9DLAHY#t=0m28s

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:08 pm

Strikes me more as being something that Rumiko Takahashi would have put on someone's sweater in her early works. She was big on the flat geometric designs.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:25 pm

I don't know why, but your post made it pop into my head. It's not from Eva or a Gainax show, it's from Golden Boy.

https://camilleco.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/golden_boy_f1.jpg

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:08 am

Well okay then. ^_^
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Return to “Related to the Filmmakers and Artists”