Transformers and Evangelion to cross over.

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:44 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:You know, if one were interpret Primus and Unicron as just different seeds this could totally work out. Unicron could be essentially a rogue seed who absorbed his soul payload rather than doing his job. The matrix is the TF version of Adam's Embryo. Hell, even the old "Till all are one" phrase can be interpreted as referring to instrumentality... and that's something the Autobots say, while the Decepticons clearly place more value in individuality. Gestalts could be seen as an attempt at artificial instrumentality.

Jesus, even gratuitous merchandise crossovers involving Evangelion can spawn interesting philosophical ideas. :lol:

Also, I wonder if we're going to get the SachielScream we saw advertised on that piece of art?
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:56 pm

People will jump on Prime in a heartbeat. A Sachiel/Starscream mashup? Harder sell.

Found a translation courtesy of TF Wiki. Their versions make more sense than has been previously seen.
Optimus's encounter with Eva-01 leaves him with the change of his life!

Confronted with Eva-01, Optimus Prime recognizes it as not the robot it appears to be, but a life form. The Autobot leader scans Eva-01 and grows in size to match the Evangelion unit, also acquiring its colors in the process. The entire situation only serves to further confuse Misato and the NERV staff.
As Optimus battles "Angel"-scream, his chest opens to reveal the Matrix, now red like an Angel's core but with luster of a new kind of life. The battle of the ages was just beginning!
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

EvaBrothers
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaBrothers » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:53 pm

Why did I know about this just NOW?!? :facepalm: The two worlds my heart loves so dearly being combined together! Total... LOVE. :heart: I wonder if that's still up for sale somewhere... >.<
~ Luana Spinetti ~ [email protected] (Email)
Note: I'm no longer the author of the fanfiction "Eva Brothers from Cybertron". I passed authorship to a friend (Lia Dospetti) who's turning it into her own work, while still maintaining homages to NGE and Transformers, as well as Star Trek. I still draw the artworks, though, and I have some fragments of the old fanfic here.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:58 pm

Transformers and Michael Bay movie rumor is false.

Thank GOD. If Bay was confirmed to be directing or interested in directing a LAEM I'm pretty sure some hard core eva Otaku would do something horrible.

Listen my dislike of the Bay Transformers films aside. . . Transformers is kind of an inherently dumb franchise to begin with. Bay can do whatever he wants to Transformers doesn't bug me. But Eva? Getting Bay to direct a LAEM is like getting Uwe Boll to direct a remake of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

EvaBrothers
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaBrothers » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:08 am

I also hate how Bay handled the Transformers in the films, Ray, even though I'm not sure if our motivations are the same. But Transformers is far from being a dumb franchise... and this is coming from someone who loves the original cartoon series from the '80s and early '90s. The later series lost most of the charm of the first few series, a charm that didn't lie in the robot fights nor in the transformations, but in the cultural background of the Transformers, the Sci-Fi elements and the tackling of certain social and political issues. Those were TV series that would appeal to an adult as well as to a kid. Something that was lost in the later series (and Bay's movies lost ALL of it, I'm afraid), alas...
~ Luana Spinetti ~ [email protected] (Email)
Note: I'm no longer the author of the fanfiction "Eva Brothers from Cybertron". I passed authorship to a friend (Lia Dospetti) who's turning it into her own work, while still maintaining homages to NGE and Transformers, as well as Star Trek. I still draw the artworks, though, and I have some fragments of the old fanfic here.

Dancougar82
Embryo

Transformers Mode "EVA"

•      
  •      

Postby Dancougar82 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:43 am

Check this out... I came across this when I was looking up the Transformers character Sky Lynx. In the listing of other publications and appearances that the character had been in, on the Transformers Wiki page, it mentioned something that I had never heard about. That there being, a Transformers / Evangelion crossover story called Transformers "Mode EVA". The wiki page goes into a bit of the storyline, but upon going to the Takara Tomy website there seems to be a bit more to the story, as well a product. But I am not going to spoil it for you. So here are the websites, and enjoy! :D

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Mode_%22Eva%22_chapter_1

http://takaratomymall.jp/special/tfeva/story.html
--Dancougar82

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:37 pm

I had lost track of this but good to know the final part is up. The Optimus in Eva-01 colors was known about since last year.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”