2.22 Blu-ray Question

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

2.22 Blu-ray Question

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:31 pm

Now that I finally have a blu-ray player, I'm looking to upgrade my dvds of 1.01 and 2.22 to the blu-ray editions. Are there any differences content-wise between the blu-ray with Mari on the cover and the one with the orange slip case? The stores I've checked are painfully unclear about it!
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:11 pm

For the films, and the video/audio quality, there is no difference whatsoever.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:11 pm

As far as I can tell, no. In fact, the Mari cover is what's on the box inside the slip case anyway.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:16 pm

However, 1.11 will be a clear upgrade from 1.01.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:18 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:However, 1.11 will be a clear upgrade from 1.01.

Oh yeah, didn't catch that.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:34 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:However, 1.11 will be a clear upgrade from 1.01.

That's no joke! I've seen 1.11 before. It's already a huge step up from 1.01 which was so dark and muddy I really couldn't see anything! :lol:

So the two version of 2.22 are basically the same? That's a huge relief. Now I don't have to go out of the way to hunt down the slip case version!
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:51 pm

Getting the BDs is a fantastic idea. Like others have said, it doesn't really matter which one you get unless you have a hankering for one particular cover.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:07 pm

It was the first press of Funimation's 1.11 that had some trailers (Fly Me to the Moon 1.0 & 2.0) which were later removed due to supposed rights issues. Funi's 2.22 and 1.11 didn't have any changes otherwise besides no slipcovers in later reprints.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”