Monster Hunter

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Monster Hunter

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:12 am

So i just realized there is no monster hunter thread on here.
Well that needs to change so here we go with some new info on monster hunter cross:
[url]https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/3li9j8/amatsu_is_making_a_return_in_mh_x/[/url]
This is already looking to be my favourite monster hunter game but Tigrex, Amatsu AND Narga?
Holy shit i need this now.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Chainsaw Owl
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Chainsaw Owl » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:20 pm

What a coincidence! I came THIS close to making a Monster Hunter thread just the other day, but I was too busy playing Monster Hunter to make it happen. :lol:

Myself and two other friends just recently hopped on the MH bandwagon with 4 Ultimate, and in less than four weeks I've already sunk 65 hours on it, which is a huge amount for me.

I'd leave my friendcode here, but I'm currently on my lunch break at work, and I can't seem to remember it off the top of my head. My soulmate is the switchaxe, so you can expect to get thrown around a bit, but I promise I'll feel really bad about it. -o-;

Seriously though, an Evageeks hunter party would be pretty sweet.
Set phasers to thrill.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:22 pm

I switch (get it?) between switch axe and greatsword all the time, on my current character (my main character has 397 hours in but holy shit i needed a break hence why i stopped playing using her for a bit) im going switch axe, i used to love bow but it became annoying trying to solo with it so i stopped.

And i second an evageeks hunting party if there are enough people to support that.
Mostly because i want to try doing EVER online quest in the game at one point but none of my freinds have the game and randoms never want to do that......
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016

Chainsaw Owl
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Chainsaw Owl » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:15 pm

That's exactly what I've been trying to do, but man, those delivery quests are a pain by yourself. I'm still only on HR3 since I've been mostly focused on completing all the solo quests (Rank 7 currently) but am more than willing to switch up my priorities.

I feel that the weapons in MH are a major mark of quality. The switchaxe is my baby, but I regularly branch out. In fact the only weapon I avoid is the lance, but that's mostly because I get the same job done quicker with a gunlance. MHX is promising four distinctly different playstyles for every weapon, and I'm pretty darn excited about it.

I'm just disappointed I didn't get into the series years ago.
Set phasers to thrill.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:45 pm

I got into the series at freedom unite, i don't recommend going back to it because you are essentially downgrading but i recommend people starting with it as it has the best monster selection and area selection imo to date.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Monster Hunter

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:01 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:So i just realized there is no monster hunter thread on here.

http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/15346/Series-Monster-Hunter/
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:03 pm

To be fair that was from 2013, before i joined can ya blame me for not knowing it exists?

Chainsaw Owl
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Chainsaw Owl » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:09 pm

Wow, all the way on page 8 and two years without a post. Am I the only one who's shocked that Monster Hunter gets minimal love on an Eva forum?

I need to get better at stereotyping my fandoms. And using the search button.
Set phasers to thrill.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:28 pm

So fun story here earlier i was doing some quests to get my hr up so that when i go for trying to beat every quest in the game its easier and i was hunting a purple gypceros, we had it almost dead so it retreated to its lair, i followed it while others were sharpening and guess what?
It died but not to me, a bnahabra was in the area and upon trying to hit me it hit the monster while it was sleeping and killed it.

Bugs OP.

Chainsaw Owl
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Chainsaw Owl » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:30 pm

Eheheheh, nice. I've never quite had that happen, though I've had my palico land the killing blow on a monster more than once. And I swear I once did a mission where a Rathian and Rathalos did more damage to each other than I did to either of them individually, even though they were supposed to be working together (to keep me from stealing their precious eggs.)

To any Monster Hunter fans who just haven't seen this thread yet, I think it's worth noting that Rose and I had quite an epic time today, though I mostly got carried by her experience. Afterwards I managed to boost my armor from 21 to 31 and built my first switchaxe with blue sharpness. I also defeated every solo mission through rank 6.

Verily, I am ready to wreck some monsters tomorrow. Big time.
Set phasers to thrill.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”