RESURRECTION OF EVANGELION (Screenplay and Video Preview)

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Ivan
Embryo

RESURRECTION OF EVANGELION (Screenplay and Video Preview)

•      
  •      

Postby Ivan » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:24 am

A REWRITE TO THE REBUILD OF EVANGELION 3.33
AND A SEQUEL TO THE END OF EVANGELION

RESURRECTION OF EVANGELION

Screenplay: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CpYLPBw1y5syIirvSKA21F_VL8iEhsO3Px1Vm431h0M/edit?usp=sharing

New Update:
This is an experimental cut of the first seven minutes of Evangelion 3.33 using alternate dialogues on the screenplay, and edited in style to an NGE format. The characters voices have been removed for obvious reasons, leaving only audio effects and music while dialogues are inserted as subtitles.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7z8IFcPozJ8amI3dUo0TlRyNUE/view?usp=sharing

If there is interest, I could extend the work for the entire movie. If it's awful and the idea is bad, I'll just leave the whole thing here.

-

As one of the many fan geeks of the Evangelion franchise, I was greatly disappointed by the delivery of the greatly hyped Evangelion 3.33. And as a deeply passionate fan I could not stand for what I consider a sub-par entry into such a high quality brand. So I chose to take matters into my own hands.

The project was an attempt to answer one simple intriguing question that rose thanks to the nature of the movie itself: What if Evangelion 3.33, instead as a sequel to the less impressive Rebuild movies, is in fact, the rightful sequel to the Neon Genesis End of Evangelion?

After a failed attempt to introduce this concept in a comic format (using screenshots from the movie itself), I have chosen to write down a screenplay which will cement my new found love for this story. The screenplay heavily transformed dialogues and certain scenes of Evangelion 3.33 in order to present its story as a continuation to the original NGE series as well as EOE, with the challenge of deviating from the movie itself as little as possible.

The results, in this author’s humble opinion, have been absolutely impressive.

Anno would be proud (probably).

A few page samples from the failed comic:
Last edited by Ivan on Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:36 am, edited 4 times in total.

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:19 am

Resurrection of E.I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.

I am intrigued by the idea of 3.33 as a sequel to EoE, although I feel that Shinji knowing that Rei is a clone beforehand kind of undermines the uneasiness of Rei Q's interactions with him.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Ivan
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Ivan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:41 am

View Original PostVegeta 20XX wrote:I am intrigued by the idea of 3.33 as a sequel to EoE, although I feel that Shinji knowing that Rei is a clone beforehand kind of undermines the uneasiness of Rei Q's interactions with him.

There's little way around that, I couldn't cop out and say that Shinji no longer knows who Rei is after Third Impact. And while the change does seem to peel away at her unsettling nature, Shinji's interactions are now coming from a much mature standpoint, one who has to deal with something he once feared after discovering the truth from Akagi long ago, and then discovering other truths from Fuyutsuki as well. That I think is really interesting.

Ivan
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Ivan » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:05 am

This is an experimental cut of the first seven minutes of Evangelion 3.33 using alternate dialogues on the screenplay, and edited in style to an NGE format. The characters voices have been removed for obvious reasons, leaving only audio effects and music while dialogues are inserted as subtitles.

[url]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7z8IFcPozJ8amI3dUo0TlRyNUE/view?usp=sharing[/url]

If there is interest, I could extend the work for the entire movie. If it's awful and the idea is bad, I'll just leave the whole thing here.

Return to “Fanfiction”