Help on my new fanfic?

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

PurpleandRed
Adam

Help on my new fanfic?

•      
  •      

Postby PurpleandRed » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:29 pm

I am writing an Evangelion/Super Smash Bros. crossover fic called Super Smash Evangelion or I may change the title, actually and I don't know if I should turn this into a fic that's like a full television series, like a big story mode game, or just a fic shorter than them.
Asuka, you're not going to have any children.

You don't care about Hikari anymore, Asuka?

I want somebody to kick Asuka's butt! She is stupid, vain, and cries like a spoiled brat! Is there a game where you can kick her butt?

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:53 pm

Honestly, just start writing it. You can outline it, see what method fits your needs and wants better, but you'll do better to start writing chunks of it and see what happens. When you put it down anything (doesn't matter if its a sentence or several pages), it'll give you a more concrete object to work with.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:41 am

Exactly right. That's how I started my one and only fic. I had the urge to write a scene; I thought about it, wrote it, and then found that another scene wanted to follow it. After about half a dozen scenes I realised that I might be able to finish things, and produced a very rough outline of the rest - simply a list of scenes and two or three exchanges of words I didn't want to forget to put in. I was then able to follow that through, though it got a bit bulked out as I went on because I realised that I'd missed stages that needed to happen. (You can watch the process in the discussion linked in my sig - offering the pieces to the community as I went was a valuable way of getting feedback and encouragement, I found.)
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Return to “Fanfiction”