Some site statistics

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:41 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:What does the "Depth" and "Color Depth" graphs represents?

The number of bits used to represent a color on your monitor. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_depth

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:10 am

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:YEAH 1.06%!!!! OPERA USERS, REPRESENT!!!! :peace:
View Original PostOz wrote:High five, brother. :highfive:

So there's three of us; now we can work out how many people come to the site in total!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:47 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:The stats package is showing its age by not showing mobile platforms like iOS or Android.

I generally use my old, shitty android when I don't have access to my computer. My phone is a brick, but it can connect to Wifi when I really need it to.

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby ath » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:58 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:The stats package is showing its age by not showing mobile platforms like iOS or Android, which I expect make up most of the Unknown OS entries;

It might be already counting Android hits under Linux, given that the few Android devices I've played with at work identify themselves as "Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android...".

It's been a few years since I last worked on a site that generated any meaningful traffic, but I would have never expected to see one day IE with 8.86%, especially since almost 75% of the users of this site use a Windows OS where it's the default browser.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure I know where those 17 (!) hits from Epiphany are coming from... :lol:

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:24 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:But what version of windows are most people using?

If I had to guess it be either XP or 7 and probably pretty close between the two.

I run 7 on my desktop and 8.1 on my laptop.

I'm pleasantly surprised about the Mac statistics. I figured they would be much lower than that.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

robin007bond
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby robin007bond » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:12 pm

Nice statistics, but I expected more Linux users here. Since anime fans tend to be more into technology (stereotype, I know).

Nice to see the non-IE browsers doing so good.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:28 pm

Are there any updates on this, by any chance? Always fun to see where fans hail from and other cool info.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:24 am

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:30 am

Very cool stuff!

Is that last stat based on Google tracking who you are, or something? Didn't expect things to be that detailed! :lol:

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:35 am

Netscape? Really? And amazing how small the MSIE figure is.

I presume the "unknown" OS is iOS and Android (unless iOS gets caught in with Macintosh).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:36 am

The last graphic is from quantcast.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:39 am

Netscape surprised me too. I haven't seen that name in any sort of regularly-used context since I was at my grandparents' house in the very early '00s. I like that we can see the population demographics, too-- I personally find those to be the most interesting information about everything you posted, Ornette.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:55 am

The male:female ratio depresses me.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:00 pm

Eh not me considering 90% of those numbers don't actively post so it matters a whole lot less to me.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:01 pm

Japan's 15th on the list? Jeez, man. We gotta get more natives involved here somehow.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:15 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:The male:female ratio depresses me.
It does not surprise me, given my experience with other people I know IRL even watching the series skews male -- husbands watching with wives maybe watching along; and the one teenage Aspie girl I passed the series to preferring Utena (she devoured it) over NGE (didn't finish the first DVD). Some years later, now, her little brother has had a depressive episode, but seems to have responded positively to Anno's art therapy.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:27 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Japan's 15th on the list? Jeez, man. We gotta get more natives involved here somehow.

Well, at least in the BD/DVD thread, the Japanese fan who posted a lot of screencaps on Twitter has been browsing it. ^_^

Not too surprised by male:female ratio--and Utena could be thought of as "female NGE" to some level, like Tines' example. (I prefer NGE/EoE much over Utena, myself. Adolescent Apocalypse is my favorite thing from the series, though.)

In my experience, NGE really is a series that people won't either "get" or appreciate as much unless they have had Depression/Anxiety episodes. I guess NTE seems more "mainstream" in that it feels more world building driven, not just character driven (though the focus of course stays on Shinji).

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:07 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Japan's 15th on the list? Jeez, man. We gotta get more natives involved here somehow.

How much you want to bet that most of those Japanese users are westerners living in Japan?

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:30 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:How much you want to bet that most of those Japanese users are westerners living in Japan?

Probably all of 'em. I guess it shouldn't be surprising, as the bulk of the Eva fandom in Japan probably has local communities of its own and no need for one that's foreign. It's just kinda depressing to be so . . . irrelevant. -o-;
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:57 pm

On the contrary, it's liberating! You don't have an awareness of the author possibly looking over your shoulder as I do at the QC forum!

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”