Fan Geek Commentary.....The Resurrection....?

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:09 am

For me, it would be a hassle not to have it.

Treize X and I did take a look at things recently, brush off some long-accumulated dust, and we have a concept of what needs to happen to get things off the ground.

Just need to wallow through a bit of mud first.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:46 pm

Let it be know I have a subconscious desire to be a part of FGC in someway shape or form. (This thought only just hit me today. O_o) Although that probably won't happen since a) It's been down for awhile b) Other people probably have more commentary skills then me. I think the only orginal thought/idea I had about Eva was Asuka's 22' trainstation & 22' trainplatform mindrape possible connection to Shinji's personal hell train motif. :(

But I disgress. A bit of advice from my own personal experience, the best way to get projects done is to pick a time frame that you know you can work on it, but actually pencil it in to work on said project otherwise nothing will happen. For me, I find the best time to work on things, be it fanfics or transration attempts, in the Summer. Just a thought, hope it helps.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Magami no D00M
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Magami no D00M » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:35 pm

Hello thread necromancy.

Just wanted to (pointlessly? =< ) state here that I haven't bowed out of the project myself, on haitus or otherwise, fyi. If/Whenever this more recent (for me anyway) development into a possible wiki pans out, just know I'll be there. I'd also like to request that in the future, *fears of appearing a bit presumptuous* to severely to radify my commentator's profile. XD I'll leave it at that and just put out of mind my less than poignant comments made in the past, but I've certainly improved some since than. I guesslol.
All in due time I suppose, just thought I post now for the sake of personal convenience..
Failsig:http://myanimelist.net/profile/Maga-me~Catalogue your hobby/obsession/drug.
DA Plug: http://magamish.deviantart.com/
*back from the dead to once again rekindle my Eva ineterst, since I recently purchased the domestic Rebuild 1.0 dvd* >>;

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Wed May 30, 2007 10:58 am

MaggotMaster wrote:Make me a member of the Commentary and I'll solve it all.

No actually, that's one of the worst ideas ever, forget about everything I've previously said in this post.

Honesly, I try not to remember what you say every time you open your mouth. So no worries.
Also, I could join the geek comentary project.
Last edited by Executor on Wed May 30, 2007 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Wed May 30, 2007 5:14 pm

ew
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Wed May 30, 2007 5:26 pm

slothen wrote:ew

Eh?

n00dle
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby n00dle » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:12 pm

So..the problem is...what exactly? I honestly don't see how "perfection" applies to a commentary. By definition it's nothing more then a collection of comments. Not trying to be an ass, but it doesn't seem like there should be a problem. Certainly it's not easy, having to collect comments from everyone involved, get screen captures, get everyone's comments in the right order, etc. It's not easy, but it is simple, you know what you have to do right? So do it! It seems someone just needs a good kick in the ass to get this thing back on track.
Gone away

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:40 pm

Reichu's in charge of it, and since she's incomunicado for the moment, I wouldn't expect any updates. Plus, not anyone can contribute. It seems that only people with a good understanding of the series, and/or those with knowledge of Japanese are allowed to add to the commentary.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:44 pm

damn that good knowledge of Japanese
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:54 pm

slothen wrote:damn that good knowledge of Japanese

Indeed. I dont know a single word of Japanese, to be honest.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:03 pm

n00dle wrote:So..the problem is...what exactly? I honestly don't see how "perfection" applies to a commentary. By definition it's nothing more then a collection of comments. Not trying to be an ass, but it doesn't seem like there should be a problem. Certainly it's not easy, having to collect comments from everyone involved, get screen captures, get everyone's comments in the right order, etc. It's not easy, but it is simple, you know what you have to do right? So do it! It seems someone just needs a good kick in the ass to get this thing back on track.

The "perfection" part mainly applies to the site and streamlining the process. Although a simplified version of the process seems rather straightforward, it is however, very time consuming. Previously, every frame used was hand chosen and captured by hand, ones of interest were made larger while others had crops, and we're working on some automated way of capturing and doing the scaling at the same time. Also, Reichu has been the one translating the script and storyboards. As for the actual comments, the previous way of doing it was to post the screenshots relevant to each cut in a thread on ANF, then people post comments about it, finally the thread gets locked and someone has to go through the hundreds of posts and collect and correctly order the comments to be added to the website. Very time consuming and mundane, and with Sharp-kun not visiting the Evangelion forum much, this isn't really an option. Ideas were discussed and thanks to OMF the site's going to be moved to a wiki system and the actual commenting should be a little easier. Hopefully in the near future, there will be a summons for contributors or something like that.

n00dle
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby n00dle » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:02 pm

That's what I'm saying, you guys know what has to be done, and how to do it, just seems no one was quite ready to tackle it again. Not that I blame you, hundreds of pics per episode, having to keep in touch with all the people involved, getting all their comments together and put in the right spots, lot's of work...
Gone away

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:13 pm

"Near future" basically means "as soon as RL gives me enough slack to dive back into NGE-world". I should have, like... two months between the end of my summer class and the start of fall semester. That's two months to pull off the most daunting task of getting the revitalized site up and running. And with a system in place that would let everything move forward on multiple fronts even when I'm busy or off dicking around.

But expect the worst unless/until you start seeing loud public announcements. That will be the Sign.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Fan Works”