So, anyone seen Sense8?

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

So, anyone seen Sense8?

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:50 am

Overall, it's the most progressive and sex positive show I think I've ever seen. The plots have serious issues, but the cast, the cinematography, the music . . . basically everything apart from the plots is amazing. And even with the plot issues the individual characters' stories have some amazing payoffs (Wolfgang's and Lito's in particular).

Edit: For those wondering what the hell I'm talking about, this is a Netflix original series developed by the Wachowskis and J. Michael Straczynski. The central gimmick is sci-fi-ish, but everything else is run of the mill character drama. Good stuff.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:34 am

Yep! Ended up marathoning the whole thing in a little under 48 hours.

Cloud Atlas is one of my favorite movies of all time & the show is basically the same idea readjusted to be a TV show. In my eyes it's the best thing that Netflix has ever done & hopefully the creative team will get to do their complete mapped out five year plan!

It takes two episodes or so to get started but once it does it doesn't let up! Some of the best writing I've seen in a while.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:57 pm

Okay, now I've got to see this.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:47 pm

I'll put it on my list of things to do eventually.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Logoguy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Logoguy » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:36 am

Seen bits n' pieces. I'll get around to watching it properly eventually.
"The world is sick because our symbols are sick... and the purest of us are its victims." -King Lear

Return to “Film and Video”