Webcomics Central

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Ieyasu
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Ieyasu » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:17 pm

I wish I had more time to devote to reading others' webcomics. But, I'm struggling to keep up with my own comic update schedule, and the chaos that ensued after Inkblazers closed up shop on us. Glad to see a couple I used to read in this list though~
WHERE'S PAUL VERHOEVEN WHEN YOU NEED HIM

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:14 am

Got a link? If you have your own webcomic this would be a fine place for a plug.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Ieyasu
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Ieyasu » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:40 am

...Guess it can't hurt. . . >.>

http://tapastic.com/Ikeyasu

My update schedule is outta whack as I've been ill since January, and since the doctor is inevitably gonna tell me to just man the hell up and deal with the fatigue fallout and pain, I'll be updating shortly.

Advance warning: one of them is BL, and the other's about vampires and shiz. And there's a bunch of other random crap I'll be putting up there as an experiment soon.

...Suddenly I feel strangely self-conscious. :facepalm:

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:53 am

Aah, long-form style. I skimmed the bastard one... really nice art, especially the raw, wild mood the colored pannels create! Had a very Toji/Shinji vibe.
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf

Ieyasu
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Ieyasu » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:56 am

Thank you!

My art is definitely not up the standards in my head yet, and I'm kind of a noob at manga/comics. But I've learned a hell of a lot from the process of creating one, it's close to plotting out a film in terms of the process.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:05 am

So Kimiko Ross's new body (Dresden Codak) has big boobs and a cleavage. Fanservice? I'm not sure what I feel about that...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby StarShaper7 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:29 am

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:"Garfield Minus Garfield is a site dedicated to removing Garfield from the Garfield comic strips in order to reveal the existential angst of a certain young Mr. Jon Arbuckle. It is a journey deep into the mind of an isolated young everyman as he fights a losing battle against loneliness and depression in a quiet American suburb."

Some of them actually work quite well without that little fat cat. He's really just been a figment of Jon's imagination this whole time, hasn't he?

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:17 am

SPOILER: Show

:hitthetable:
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:02 am

Enjoy:

Source:[url]http://deep-dark-fears.tumblr.com/[/url]
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Chainsaw Owl
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Chainsaw Owl » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:20 am

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:"Garfield Minus Garfield is a site dedicated to removing Garfield from the Garfield comic strips in order to reveal the existential angst of a certain young Mr. Jon Arbuckle. It is a journey deep into the mind of an isolated young everyman as he fights a losing battle against loneliness and depression in a quiet American suburb."

Oh man. I just went through all of those, and half of them had me in hysterics.

Now somebody needs to make a Calvin Minus Hobbes.
Set phasers to thrill.

::KL7::
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby ::KL7:: » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:43 pm

http://paintraincomic.com

It's Ok if you hate me, I hate me too.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:31 am

I still hate using this but:
[url]http://obstinatemelon.deviantart.com/gallery/25038206/FF7-Comic?offset=408[/url]

This is a FFVII comic that places a lot more focus on the comedy of it all than anything, they are currently in the golden saucer and its hilarious, lots of meta jokes and general slapstick ahead.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:17 am

Source:[url]http://www.safelyendangered.com/[/url]
------------------------
Edit:

Source:[url]http://www.smbc-comics.com/[/url]
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:27 am

SMBC is usually pretty good, yeah. Love how far they'll go with a joke sometimes, driving relentlessly past mere humor and satire into something at times bordering on profound.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:45 am

Fair warning, the source is extremely NSFW:[url]http://oglaf.com/archive/[/url]

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:48 am

And here we see everything that's wrong with the internet:

http://wondermark.com/c1136/

It's a good strip in general, but this set of four really hits the nail on the head.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:19 am

Source:[url]http://www.deathbulge.com/comics[/url]

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:55 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:And here we see everything that's wrong with the internet:

http://wondermark.com/c1136/

It's a good strip in general, but this set of four really hits the nail on the head.

Holy fuck, i could barely make it through one before the sheer pretentious anti-intellectualism made me cringe.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:59 am

I relate to this so hard it hurts.

._.

...I'm getting better.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:19 am

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:Holy fuck, i could barely make it through one before the sheer pretentious anti-intellectualism made me cringe.

Wait, you think that's anti-intellectualism? Do you even know what intellectualism is?

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:I relate to this so hard it hurts.

I as well. It's important to focus on the positive, and do your best!
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”