Metroid series

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:53 pm

View Original PostDima wrote:They didn't give 3DS a proper new 3D Zelda game. They missed completely this train even though they got on another one with the remakes. Still i think a new one would have sold more.
Eh, I'm fine with 3D Zeldas going to console and 2D ones to handheld. Though in that regard, here's to hope that the new [s]Four[/s]Three Swords only uses the sterile ALBW render look because it's a quick cash-in, not that it goes the NSMB-route of copy/pasting the same style forever from now on. :/

View Original PostDima wrote:And let's not forget the rumors that Nintendo canceled a Metroid game for 3DS. There was also a rumor that the team that worked on Luigi's Mansion 2 was working on Metroid 3DS and they stopped.
Yepp, they're instead working on this.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:37 pm

View Original PostDima wrote:They didn't give 3DS a proper new 3D Zelda game. They missed completely this train even though they got on another one with the remakes. Still i think a new one would have sold more.

They did Zelda: Link Between Worlds, aka the Rent-a-Quest-Item game.

There have been rumours of a new Metroid for ages and people were really hoping for one so that everyone's last memory of Samus wouldn't be Other M, but it seems Nintendo was never planning to make anything except Federation Force. Which is a shame, because Samus will have to continue spending the time between now and the NX's release being remembered as someone who would walk through a volcano without adequate protection if her father-figure told her to.

Then again, since Link's also getting the cold shoulder from Nintendo, perhaps their criminal neglect of Samus is simply a sign that they're slowing grinding to a halt. Even Mario isn't getting anything other than that Mario Maker thingamabob.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:47 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:They did Zelda: Link Between Worlds, aka the Rent-a-Quest-Item game.

I know about ALBW. With 3D i mean a fully 3D world like Ocarina of Time.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:10 am

Oh look, exactly what we expected: [url]http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/07/hands_on_blast_ball_brings_crude_button_mashing_and_is_a_poor_advert_for_metroid_prime_federation_force[/url]
if the control is this shit aint no way im playing FF, i mean i wasn't anyway but still.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”