Ultimate EVA Special Features DVD

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:31 pm

Copied/Pasted from my blog:

The DVD is finally done and can now be torrented. Check out Demonoid to get it. I'll be out of town for the next two weeks, so if you need an invite code I won't be able to hook you up. This project has been a pain in the ass, but I am very happy to finally have completed it. Sand Camel may be very slow, but it always gets the job done.

Also included in the torrent are high quality artwork for the DVD case, as well as a cover for the DVD itself.

Two quick notes: First, the subtitles on the documentaries may or may not show up automatically. If they do not, just hit the subtitles button on your remote control and they will appear. Second, the final size ended up being 6 gigs. Pretty hefty, I know, but if you have a dual-layer burner, it shouldn't be a problem. If you don't, either split it, shrink it, or find someone who does. ;) Enjoy!
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:00 pm

BrikHaus wrote:Copied/Pasted from my blog:

The DVD is finally done and can now be torrented. Check out Demonoid to get it. I'll be out of town for the next two weeks, so if you need an invite code I won't be able to hook you up. This project has been a pain in the ass, but I am very happy to finally have completed it. Sand Camel may be very slow, but it always gets the job done.

Also included in the torrent are high quality artwork for the DVD case, as well as a cover for the DVD itself.

Two quick notes: First, the subtitles on the documentaries may or may not show up automatically. If they do not, just hit the subtitles button on your remote control and they will appear. Second, the final size ended up being 6 gigs. Pretty hefty, I know, but if you have a dual-layer burner, it shouldn't be a problem. If you don't, either split it, shrink it, or find someone who does. ;) Enjoy!

FRAK YEAH! Finally we can download this! :D

So why does Shinji look so unenthused in your blog's picture? :(

EDIT: I'm guessing it's because he has 3 days remaining for it to finish like I do.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:11 pm

You know, I actually wouldn't have minded the quality being lowered a couple of gigabytes to fit on a disc, considering how much longer it'll take to finish downloading this way... >_>

Ah well, I've waited this long. I may as well wait another three (assuming my internet connection doesn't sporadically disconnect by itself, which it does) days.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:50 pm

NAveryW wrote:The Pete's Dragon AMV is my overall favorite AMV to date. <snip>
While it's not my favorite, it has to be one of the best AMVs ever!!! :D
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:40 am

Someone tell me how to send invites and I'll go crazy with 'em.
If I have no soul to touch, no heart to love, no evil to rise up above
No angels and no ghosts, no real victories to toast
If you believe that this is true then I must ask;
to what end do you proceed?

-Dustin Kensrue, Thrice

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:23 am

I don't think you need to be a member of demonoid to go there and download torrents (I could be wrong).

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:58 am

Someone asked me for an invite a while back, so maybe you do?

I couldn't help him out, but if someone knows how to I'd be happy to oblige. No seeds, but I'm already at 3,5%.

EDIT: 7,2%
Last edited by Kaysow on Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Dustin Kensrue, Thrice

Tabasco
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Tabasco » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:06 am

Sweet deal, there looks to be some quality stuff here. Downloading now.
---
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one insists on adapting the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
- George Bernard Shaw

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:18 am

I'm not a member, and I'm downloading... but there doesn't appear to be a seeder.

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:03 am

I'm hoping the seeder will show up at night (nighttime starts in 4 hours here). 11,1% by the way.

-Dustin Kensrue, Thrice

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:14 am

My interpig likes to disconnect overnight, so I'm at 10% with 7 days remaining. :?

For things of this size without many starting seeds, I recommend FileHo!. It has unlimited file size and bandwidth, and there's no waiting time or ads while downloding. In fact, I'm not really sure why people use Megaupload or Rapishare when this exists.

Sure, it'd take a while to upload a 6 GB file to the site, but it'd take waaaay less time to download than from BitTorrent.

Or, perhaps, leave the BT one running and offer a shrunken version on FileHo?

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:17 pm

Psyyyyy...

Today's total increase from yesterday has been 1.3% with a peak download speed of 4 KB/s and an average of 1.5 KB/s. It was going at about 30 yesterday, but when I had to reset my intermajig, the download speed plummeted like a bird that suddenly didn't have wings or feathers anymore. It now says it should be finished in about 18 days.

...Sadly, this happens to me all the time. :( For some reason, it was a lot easier to wait for this when it hadn't been released yet...

EDIT: And now I've double posted TWICE in the same thread. Sweet Jebus.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:05 pm

NAveryW wrote:You know, I actually wouldn't have minded the quality being lowered a couple of gigabytes to fit on a disc, considering how much longer it'll take to finish downloading this way... >_>

To shrink this to a DVD-5 would have taken the quality down to 70%. I could have lived with 10%, but a 30% drop is too much. But don't worry, all good things to those who wait.

And I know this is a bit early at the moment, but...

Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:55 pm

Wait a minute... I just had a thought... to those whose download speeds seem to be much faster than mine, what clients are you ningens using?

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:00 pm

NAveryW wrote:Wait a minute... I just had a thought... to those whose download speeds seem to be much faster than mine, what clients are you ningens using?

Azureus. And my download speed isn't all that fast, maybe, 30k or so, and I'm uploading at 3x that speed.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:03 pm

Ornette wrote:
NAveryW wrote:Wait a minute... I just had a thought... to those whose download speeds seem to be much faster than mine, what clients are you ningens using?

Azureus. And my download speed isn't all that fast, maybe, 30k or so, and I'm uploading at 3x that speed.

Well it's a lot faster than my 5k. If I switched clients now (downloading with the default BitTorrent program at the moment), would I be able to append what I download from the new client to what I currently have downloaded?

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:20 pm

NAveryW wrote:Well it's a lot faster than my 5k. If I switched clients now (downloading with the default BitTorrent program at the moment), would I be able to append what I download from the new client to what I currently have downloaded?

Check your NAT box and firewall. More likely to be the problem.

I think the answer to your question is "depends on the client." I know that some clients can scan an entire file and figure out where the holes are as a fallback, but all I ever use are the official client and Ktorrent.

Unfortunately I can only upload about 15 k/s, but I'm getting twice that in download.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:34 pm

My firewall's already off. :(

Wait a minute... HOW LONG HAS MY FIREWALL BEEN OFF?!?! :shock:

EDIT: Also, the episode of Gurren-Lagann I downloaded today (while this was still going) got up to almost 300 Kb/s. I don't think it's someting of that sort.

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:46 am

15,1% now, as my family keeps forgetting to leave their fucking computer on at night...

-Dustin Kensrue, Thrice

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:17 am

12.2% Here, about 35Kb Download and 25Kb Upload, About 2 Days left.

Return to “Fan Works”