Fan Fic adaptation

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Fan Fic adaptation

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:55 am

What do you guys think to the idea of taking the most highly regarded EVA fics, and adapting them into webcomics, audio books or (if you want to be REALLY ambitious) animation?

Rommel
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Rommel » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:22 am

Always been open to people doing art and stuff based on Genocide or really of my other stuff. It just has to be sort of descent quality and give credit. An audio book would be interesting.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:48 am

If they had the author's permission I'd be all for it, could produce some interesting and cool pieces of work I feel.

I doubt mine would fall into that highly regarded arena but as with Rommel I'd be open to seeing art and adaptions of my work. As long as I was asked for permission first and it was of course done 'properly.' So yeah art, animation and such would be very cool.

One of the most flattering things for me was when I did a vanity search for Conspiracy and found it was being translated into another language. I thought that was really cool.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:14 pm

Same here, even though it will never happen for my stuff.

There are quite a few masterpieces out there that deserve such a thing. Being taken up by artists, that is.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:18 pm

I'm also always happy to see others creating something based on my stuff, even should it go a bit against my own "canon", so to speak. Unless of course it'd be mean spirited trolling or... well, let's say, there are things particularly concerning Aki, that I wouldn't want to see. But that fortunately hasn't happened so far (that I'm aware of).
There isn't much that is more flattering than knowing you've inspired someone to create something themselves.

In regards to the topic of entirely adapting popular fics though, seeing how "the big ones" are indeed just that (I mean, how many of your favorites are sub-10k-word one-shots?), I don't think there are single fans with enough time/patience for that. Comics, let alone Animation takes much more work then just writing. Audio book is probably more likely, not sure if that would be popular enough to warrant the work though.

Fanart, comics or even clips of short scenes, sure, but I don't see full adaptations happening anytime soon.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:50 pm

Someone recommended this ED music for mine, which was just perfect (I prefer the linked slower version from MGS4 to Joan Baez's startlingly fast original).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:30 pm

It would be awesome to get some of them into webcomic form, but that's WORK. I think fan art might be as far as it ever gets. Like, we'd need people who are decent artists on photoshop or gimp because even if you scan hand-drawn work in, it still doesn't look very good unless you ink it - and very few artists are good at ink work.

All in all, it's a nice dream that's just not going to come together because of the effort that has to be put forth. Maybe we could get something done if we had some of the artists that lurk here try and work together on a project, but I don't see it happening.

Audio books might be neat, but you'd need someone who A) has a good reading voice and B) is a bit of an actor, or at the very least a bit animated. It's easy to imagine anybody can do it, afterall you're just reading stuff outloud, right? But it takes practice to be able to switch between characters and voices fluidly without tripping up or sounding like a robot.

Grand Duke of Yashima
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Grand Duke of Yashima » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:49 pm

I like the idea of an audiobook, it's a relatively simple project and gives the story a bit more accessibility. It'd be even better with a decent voice cast behind it. There have been a few attempts at FanFic videos on Youtube, mostly just audio however ([url]https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=fanfiction+evangelion[/url])

I would not at all mind any of my stuff being adapted like that, with my permission of course.
EVA Fan Fiction: The Blue Rose Saga

https://www.facebook.com/EvangelionTheBlueRose

"The power of the Evangelion is the power of love"

Return to “Fanfiction”