Shenmue 3 announced (PS4/PC, 2017)

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Shenmue 3 announced (PS4/PC, 2017)

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:11 am

Shenmue 3 was announced today during the press conference of Sony. Yu Suzuki asked the support of the fans through the Kickstarter with the goal of 2million for a month. Well..... the game didn''t need so much time since it already hit that number becoming the fastest Kickstarter project of doing it (in 8 hours). Other info. People are speculating that there are more companies (or a company) funding the game since the goal of 2 million is too low for a game like this (the first Shenmue costed something like 30million)

- 2017 release it looks like according to Kickstarter
- Playstation 4/ PC
- Unreal Engine 4
- Yu Suzuki / Ys Net

Kickstarter: [url]https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3[/url]
Footage: [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orAXfiwB4-c[/url]

BTW someone should make a Last Guardian thread. Come on guys i can't be the one making all the threads right? Mods will ban me :lol:

EDIT: Damn this just hit me. I never thought i will make the Shenmue 3 announcement thread.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:28 am

I'm crying

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:56 am

Im part of the reason kickstarter broke, no regrets.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:11 pm

That's it, the game reached it's goal! Not even 24h have passed and we're 600K over the goal!

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:20 pm

It reached its funding goal in 8 hours?!

Jeez, that countdown on-stage was no joke! :cringe: And here I honestly wondered if it would be a surprising flop.

Something really great about Kickstarter, it's a great way to prove beyond the shadow of any stodgy out-of-touch executive's doubt that the fans really care and would totally throw their money at the product. :lol:

Now if there would be one for Megaman Legends 3...

I never played Shenmue 2, but the first Shenmue remains firmly lodged in the fond memories of my adolescence. I used to play it late at night, when I was still in middle or high school and thus totally should not have been up and so I did it very quietly in the basement with the lights off. It was like nothing else I'd played before or since.

I hope this sequel does those memories justice, while avoiding the worst pitfalls of the original (like those damn QTEs :lol:).
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:30 pm

Awesome. Even though I never played 1 or 2, I'm really happy for all the fans that this is finally being made. I may have to check the Shenmue series out myself.
[Redacted]

Fulaw1970
Embryo

Re: Shenmue 3 announced (PS4/PC, 2017)

•      
  •      

Postby Fulaw1970 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:14 am

been recommended this game, someone has already tried it out? now that i sit home doing nothing but searching for medsreviews.com i am interested in playing it so really interesting if it's worth it. thanks
Last edited by Fulaw1970 on Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Shenmue 3 announced (PS4/PC, 2017)

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:01 pm

If you're talking about the third one, it's not out yet. As for the other two, haven't played them myself but I hear they're quite good.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”