Just got a ton of Eva doujins

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Dingo
Embryo

Just got a ton of Eva doujins

•      
  •      

Postby Dingo » Wed May 27, 2015 7:25 pm

I managed to encounter a doujin dealer that was having a closeout sale the other day- everything $1 each. I cleaned out their NGE section- 60 or so.

Some of them stand out as insanely goofy.

I've only found scanlations for a handful of them. Would anybody here be interested in seeing / translating some of them? I can photograph a big cover compilation so everyone can choose what looks interesting. If not, what other community might I approach to help translate?

Btw, they seem to be split maybe 50% drama, 40% comedy, 10% H
Kaji loves watermelon

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed May 27, 2015 11:10 pm

I haven't translated Eva doujin in a good few years, and I am pretty busy these days (don't think I have the right programs anymore).

I think comedy is always fun though.

Mind scanning in the covers if they're SFW at least? :D Was this at a Con somewhere?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Dingo
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Dingo » Thu May 28, 2015 6:25 pm

Yep, this was at Fanime. I'm really surprised, actually; they're in fantastic quality, and so cheap!

Here are some of 'em (minus the NSFW covers). I'm terribly sorry about how garbage my phone is at taking pictures; I don't own a scanner at the moment.

Kaji loves watermelon

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Thu May 28, 2015 6:36 pm

I could have sworn the top left cover read "ASS DIAMOND".
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu May 28, 2015 7:04 pm

Isn't The End of Peppy Angel one of those doujin that was never translated...? Unless it finally was and I'm just out of the loop.

Ahh, Fanime 09 and 10 were good times. When I looked at the doujin booths, they just had yaoi or hentai, though. -o-; (No Eva, I think.)

Is that Toji/Hikari one (green book) clean or H?

Dingo
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Dingo » Thu May 28, 2015 7:10 pm

The only H ones are the left two of the bottom row on the third image ("Pure," and the one next to it, which is an artbook and only partially eva from what the vendor told me). There are 5 or so H ones that aren't pictured because they're hella filthy (apologies to Anno)
Kaji loves watermelon

IfallOnTragedy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby IfallOnTragedy » Fri May 29, 2015 7:42 pm

I'm really interested in seeing all of them but especially the It Goes to Alpha on in the first row, the third one from the right in the fifth row, and the Watermelon one in the last one. Any consideration to scanning them?

Dingo
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Dingo » Fri May 29, 2015 8:24 pm

I'd be more than happy to scan anything, especially if people will help translate.

I'm not willing to unbind (destroy) them, though, so the thicker ones might have some fade near the crease. I can probably find a camera-type document reader, too, which would give better results than a flatbed.
Kaji loves watermelon

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri May 29, 2015 9:32 pm

I've seen "Pure" before online (might have been raw Japanese) but that's by Izurumi which is usually depressing H with Asuka. There's another artist who's name escapes (Chiayo or something...) but is a similar art style as the doujins progressed, though it's more romantic Asuka/Shinji, generally.

For doujin translating, these guys have done Eva stuff if they're still around: http://forum.evageeks.org/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5010 I'd also check out THAT BOARD if you know about it.

Return to “Fan Works”