Hideaki Anno Predicts the 'Death of Anime'

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Hideaki Anno Predicts the 'Death of Anime'

Postby Gob Hobblin » Mon May 25, 2015 10:34 am

Would not know where to post this, so I'll post it here.

Essentially, Hideaki Anno predicts that anime is about to collapse as an industry.

It might be overstating it to say he's being melodramatic in terms of anime's collapse being reflective of Japan's collapse as a dominant power, but I can't say I totally disagree with him. Considering that they have an aging population, fewer births, and a very torpid economic system (which, from other reports, have infected and begun doing severe damage to the anime industry in terms of production and employees), he may actually be on to something.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Mon May 25, 2015 10:40 am

There's already a thread on this.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Mon May 25, 2015 11:35 am

Ah, well: I tried.

:asuka_miffed:
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Return to “Fan Works”