Is it hard to hold a private screening?

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Ari
Adam

Is it hard to hold a private screening?

•      
  •      

Postby Ari » Sun May 24, 2015 12:15 am

I really want to see Philip Glass's Einstein On The Beach on the big screen, but I don't know of any places that play it. I would probably pay $200-300 (it would take a few months to save it) to hold a screening but no theaters really show their prices or anything. I just thought it would be cool to hold that as an event. I could probably invite a lot of people.

How practical is it?

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun May 24, 2015 1:39 am

It's practical. Talk to your local art house theater & make sure you have your shit together. Either have a print ready to go or get access to the film on DCP or a Blu-ray. Make sure to schedule your show during lower traffic times - if you want to save money look plan for Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays otherwise your rental price could double, if not triple on the weekend. But renting a theater is pretty easy.

Honestly the bigger question will be getting the rights to play the content itself. You'd have to reach out to the distributors & that's where it could really cost you.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun May 24, 2015 7:40 am

^ In the case of EoE, wouldn't that be King Records or some other Japanese company? I don't think approaching Manga Ent would help much since they've let their rights expire.

EDIT: Whoops! We're in a non-Eva related thread. I forgot.

Return to “Film and Video”