Favorite Quotes

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:34 pm

He was also (sadly ) Anti-Semitic. Although he did mellow out in his bigotry in his twilight years.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:58 am

Any idea worth listening to can be summarized in three sentences or less.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

NOW! BD

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:04 am

"When life gives you lemons, make-- BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!"
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:32 am

"Drug misuse is not a disease, it is a decision, like the decision to step out in front of a moving car. You would call that not a disease but an error in judgment. When a bunch of people begin to do it, it is a social error,a life-style. In this particular life-style the motto is "Be happy now because tomorrow you are dying," but the dying begins almost at once, and the happiness is a memory. It is, then, only a speeding up, an intensifying, of the ordinary human existence. It is not different from your life-style, it is only faster. It all takes place in days or weeks or months instead of years." - Phillip K. Dick
Avatar: "Here is a magical girl who would not take it anymore"
Hitler AND eating babies in a Shinji thread? Business as usual- TMBounty_Hunter
Sorry, my policy is not to take life advice from people with ego problems who also happen to post on anime forums- CJD
Does Love Live get a lot of shit or something?- caragnafog dog

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:12 am

refer to sig.

I dont care if he betrays me! Even if he betrays me he will carry the shame about it not me! I wont die, and i wont be a coward either. I cant trust people if they dont have good hearts? I cant be nice to people if their not nice to me? THATS NOT TRUE! The way other people treat me has nothing to do with it, the final decision is left up to me, whether i choose to trust them fully or not. Thats right i am alone and thats why i will make my own decision. No matter how badly people treat me, or how many times i am betrayed, i wont be a coward i'll choose to trust people! I dont care what anyone else thinks! I will be kind to people no matter what you say! And nothing is going to stop me from trusting them because i want to! Now get away! I've got to go find my friend Rakushun!-Youko Nakajima/Queen Kei
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:18 pm

"Practice does not make perfect. You practice how you play, and your practice isn't perfect. Practice doesn't make perfect; perfect practice makes perfect."

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby StarShaper7 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:48 pm

"Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent."

Cosmo11
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cosmo11 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:44 am

We breathe. We pulse. We regenerate. Our hearts beat. Our minds create. Our souls ingest. 37 seconds, well used, is a lifetime.

All stories, even the ones we love, must eventually come to an end and when they do, it's only an opportunity for another story to begin.

Doctor Memory
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Doctor Memory » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:27 am

"The future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one." - Emmett L. Brown
(Don't) Excuse Me UhClem, But You're (Not) Making the Doctor (Un)Happy.

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:10 pm

Sylvere Lotringer, remembering Jean Baudrillard, wrote:...there was something deeply humanistic, even moralistic about his vision, but to the extreme. He already saw the world as it would look after humanity had disappeared. He could not believe how fast and to what extremity it would go in its lust for self-destruction. He realized that the system was far more extreme than his own theories could be, and that it eventually would have the last word, not him. All that was left to do was reveal it for what it was, just to get it out of his own system.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:57 pm

"You are who you choose to be"

"Superman........"-Iron giant.

I'm not crying dammit, im just tear-bending!
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:20 am

"He who walks alone, always walks uphill, but beneath his feet lay the broken bones of flawed men." - J. Read
Sorry, my policy is not to take life advice from people with ego problems who also happen to post on anime forums- CJD

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:21 pm

View Original PostDoctor Memory wrote:"The future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one." - Emmett L. Brown

"Heavy..." - Marty Mcfly

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Compiling_Autumn
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Compiling_Autumn » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:59 pm

View Original PostKazuki_Fuse wrote:"He who walks alone, always walks uphill, but beneath his feet lay the broken bones of flawed men." - J. Read

J. Read from Conqueror and Revenge, right? What album or interview is this from?
"The will to lose one's will?"
"Absolutely. The will to make oneself completely free. Will is the wrong word, because in the end you could call it despair. Because it really comes out of an absolute feeling of it's impossible to do these things, so I might as well just do anything. And out of this anything, one sees what happens."--Francis Bacon

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:26 pm

View Original PostCompiling_Autumn wrote:J. Read from Conqueror and Revenge, right? What album or interview is this from?

Lyrics from Blood Noose (Hog-tied Like Swine). I am very excited to be seeing them live in 12 days.

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:35 pm

Some quotes from Miyamoto Musashi's "The book of Five Rings"

"If we look at the world we see arts for sale. Men use equipment to sell their own selves. As if with the nut and the flower, the nut has become less than the flower. In this kind of Way of strategy, both those teaching and those learning the way are concerned with colouring and showing off their technique, trying to hasten the bloom of the flower. They speak of "This Dojo" and "That Dojo". They are looking for profit. Someone once said "Immature strategy is the cause of grief". That was a true saying."

"This is the truth: when you sacrifice your life, you must make fullest use of your weaponry. It is false not to do so, and to die with a weapon yet undrawn."

"The Way of the warrior does not include other Ways, such as Confucianism, Buddhism, certain traditions, artistic accomplishments and dancing. But even though these are not part of the Way, if you know the Way broadly you will see it in everything. Men must polish their particular Way."

"There is timing in everything. Timing in strategy cannot be mastered without a great deal of practice."

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby StarShaper7 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:00 pm

"...the things you put into your head are there forever..."

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:33 am

"Your heart is blacker than will ever be told. But that's why your here."

"Known some call air aim....I am not who I used to be."

“You shall be my roots and
I will be your shade,
though the sun burns my leaves.

You shall quench my thirst and
I will feed you fruit,
though time takes my seed.

And when I'm lost and can tell nothing of this earth
you will give me hope.

And my voice you will always hear.
And my hand you will always have.

For I will shelter you.
And I will comfort you.
And even when we are nothing left,
not even in death,
I will remember you.”

--MZD
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:29 pm

"On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
-- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Re: Favorite Quotes

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:19 pm

Time to revive this old thread, it seems.

Today I learned that in Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing, the maximum speed that a truck going in reverse can attain is 12.3 undecillion miles per hour. That's 10^36mph, or 18.3 octillion times the speed of light.
At a certain point, the distance traveled as noted by the odometer changes to 1.$ and upon reaching 12.3 undecillion mph, the speed also changes to 1.$ and all checkpoints turn green, instantly winning the race.
Assuming the observable universe as a sphere with diameter of 92 billion light-years, that means that this truck traveling at maximum speed could traverse the diameter of the observable universe in under 160 picoseconds. At that point, the kinetic energy contained within the truck would be equivalent to the energy released by a quasar if compressed over one hundred nonillion years (10^32 years) of uniform production. That means that if you were hit by this truck, it would be like every atom in your body being shot with an individual supermassive black hole cannon fourteen thousand times over (fuzzy calculations there due to probable failure to transmit 100% of the energy to your body, but I have an unknown number of orders in leeway due to calculating energy by the fucking year).
I think I have a new favorite god-killer scenario. Hell, at this point I think that this truck is my new favorite superhero. Think about it: in the canon of Big Rigs, the truck (who I will from now on refer to as an anthropomorphous vehicle-themed superhero named Big Rig) has feats rivaling top-tier superheroes:
- phasing through literally any obstacle, no matter the density or size; nothing physical can harm him
- extreme kinetic manipulation, retaining speed no matter how quickly he alters direction, which is instantly
- able to travel so fast that he ascends to godhood and becomes the entire universe, being everywhere and nowhere at the same time
- able to easily withstand the forces of travel at speeds many -illions of times the speed of light and the accretion of the mass of many-illions of times the mass of supermassive black holes
- if he were to hit something, he would likely explode the entire universe out of existence
I am now officially in the Big Rig fandom. I want to read a Big Rig comic series. I would go out and buy those fucking comics. Thank you based Big Rig.

-credited to a YouTube user named "juaxox" under the AVGN episode that covered Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing-

In the states, we have Coachella: four days of sun, music, and 100,000 people who smell like a three-year-old bag of expired Funyuns.
-something randomly overheard elsewhere on the internet-

I'm slow to buy new clothing--I tend to buy twelve of the same T-shirts, three pairs of pants, some button-up shirts to wear over the T-shirt on fat days, and then a light coat and a heavy coat. Simple. Some days I envy Winston Smith in 1984--same overalls every day? Perfect.
-Patton Oswalt-

I eat the same way Doc Brown fuels the DeLorean at the end of Back to the Future.
-Kyle Kinane-

You live in a dream. You're a sleepwalker, blind. How do you know what the world is like? Do you know the world is a foul sty? Do you know, if you rip off the fronts of houses, you'd find swine? The world's a hell. What does it matter what happens in it?
-don't remember exactly, bits of it are heavily sampled on the Skinny Puppy album Bites/Remission-

I've never injured my neck from headbanging as such, but I once crashed heads with some other guy at a Saxon gig once. You know how in the cartoons when a character gets hit in the head and they "see stars"? Yeah, that actually happens. I remember my vision coming back (presumably this guy's vision, too) and we're both holding each others shoulders staring at each others faces for calibration...then immediately went back to headbanging. Metallest. Gig. Ever.
-a good concert story I once read online-

The only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of life, your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away. But they're not punishing you, they're freeing your soul. So if you're frightened of dying and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.
-Meister Eckhart (Danny Aiello), Jacob's Ladder-

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
-the Litany Against Fear, from Frank Herbert's Dune-

If you expect anything from music, you expect too much.
-Josh Homme (Kyuss/Queens of the Stone Age/Them Crooked Vultures)-

The basis of shame is not some personal mistake of ours, but that this humiliation is seen by everyone.
-Milan Kundera-

Some things are best watched at 3 A.M., wrapped in the warm glow of drunkenness. Plan 9 from Outer Space is one of them.
-Ian Berriman-

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.
-PJ O'Rourke-
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”