Bayonetta

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Bayonetta

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:00 pm

Who's excited for Bayonetta 2? I'm excited for Bayonetta 2!
Last edited by Monk Ed on Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:57 am

''Raise's hand''

I am!I love the new look.Wish though they were bringing it to PS4.It's okay though because sooner or later i would buy a WiiU to play Mario,Zelda and Smash.Hope Nintendo cut's the price soon.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:36 am

I considered buying it (Before i knew it was Wii U exclusive only), but now i just can't imagine myself buying Wii U just for this game.... :(

Looks like i have watch playthrough for this one.....

Lorkhan
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Lorkhan » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:29 pm

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:I considered buying it (Before i knew it was Wii U exclusive only), but now i just can't imagine myself buying Wii U just for this game.... :(

Strangely enough, this game is what's making me get a Wii U in the first place. I'm just hoping that the OST is as good as its predecessor.
"Oh Aka, for our shared madness I do this! I watch you watching me watching you back!"

Bryant
Adam

Bayonetta 2

•      
  •      

Postby Bryant » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:55 am

Bayonetta 2 is out, get hyped!
Bryant Keitel

Been a fan of Evangelion for 19 years! I hope to continue be a fan till the day I die!

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:04 am

From Currently playing - thread:
View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:Finished playing Bayonetta 2 (I borrowed my friends Japanese version of the game and Wii-U) and loved it more than the first game.
Combat is pretty much the same, expect it's a bit more deeper, soundtrack was amazing and characters were a lot more fleshed out. (Especially Bayonetta herself)
My biggest and only problem with the first game was the pacing, but here, it's near perfection.

Bryant
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Bryant » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:29 pm

HOLY SHIT!!! Bayonetta 2 is so fucking radical!!! I think my eyes are exploding from how rad Bayonetta 2 is
Bryant Keitel

Been a fan of Evangelion for 19 years! I hope to continue be a fan till the day I die!

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:27 am

Far too many long and thoughtful posts about worthy games get lost in Currently Playing, so it's time to revive this topic (which was originally two, just now merged together) and rebrand it as it should be (renamed to Bayonetta from Bayonetta 2, so as to refer to the whole series).

I never mentioned in Currently Playing when I beat Bayonetta 2, but after beating that game I thought to myself that I should give the original another run-through, not just because the shiny fresh unplayed disc in the case was tempting me but also because I realized just how little of the story of either game I actually understood (due in the case of Bayonetta 2 to taking far too long of a break from it before finishing it off) and how little especially of the first game I could even remember.

And so I've started the original all over again (this time on the Wii U) and I am so happy right now. After spending most of the cold-weather season forcing myself to play or rather trudge through games I wasn't really enjoying I've gotten back into the habit of playing games I actually like and this is one of them. The game is better than I remember it, more playable thanks to the IMO superior controller (the Wii U Pro is a dream to me, at least for games like this), but more surprisingly.

Tonight was my first session, and all kinds of things wowed me. The gameplay is no surprise -- of course that's excellent. But this time around I actually paid attention to the opener, and with the last few chapters of Bayonetta 2 fresh in mind I was just like "Oh, yeah, it makes sense this time". I intend to play both games all the way through in a more condensed timeframe this time so as to make sure it really sticks.

Speaking of the gameplay, I played through all of Bayonetta 2 never really bothering to investigate much deeper than button-mashing and just vaguely feeling my way through the fights, but during tonight's session, taking this game with a more laid-back and patient attitude, I actually took the time to read about some of the combos and took in the game's advice as to strategically what they're for, and my experience of the gameplay was significantly improved by this information. With Bayonetta 2 I had started to get tired of the game even though I had just picked it back up again because admittedly I didn't really know what I was doing and the game never forced me to figure it out, letting me just limp along, but after figuring out better how to play I'm kicking more and better ass in the first one than I ever recall kicking in either.

I'm glad I'm starting doing this only now, though, because Bayonetta 2 really is more refined so I'd rather figure this game out first so I can be wowed all over again by how the second one improves the areas I didn't pay attention to last time.

Also wow did Bayonetta look good in that nun outfit, and also wow has that beehive really grown on me, I actually like it now.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:56 am

^Yeah, it is great to play through the original after finishing Bayo 2. I'm trying to find some time to do a run-through wearing the Samus costume (because frankly that visor flip just makes the game that much cooler).
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”