Scribe Sign-Up Sheet

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

Masi80
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Masi80 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:49 am

I wantto become a scriber!

Let´s make this wiki better than it is

Bhorium
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Bhorium » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:05 pm

I'm an experienced wiki-editor, and would like to lend the occasional hand, so sign me up. :)

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:24 pm

Bit of a backlog on the Wiki. You'll probably get your signup emails sometime tomorrow and then get started.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:58 pm

Since a cleanup of the wiki is overdue, I thought I'd begin with the membership process. Rather than just signing up people at random, we'd much rather have a few good people signing up and contributing to the wiki than having a lot of people signing up and basically doing nothing.

1. Rather than just requesting entry to the wiki, we'd like you to state what you'd like to edit on the wiki and what you'd like to change specifically. Joining up, making a small edit or two and then leaving is pretty demoralizing for the rest of us. If you want to join, you need to tell us what you have in mind that could make the wiki a better place. The Wiki was always meant to be a community project, for the good of all Eva fans.

2. It's not strictly necessary and you don't need any prior wiki experience, but if you do, let us know. We're very happy to welcome veteran wiki editors!

3. If your grasp of written English doesn't seem very good, we'll ask you to write a short paragraph. It doesn't need to be anything particularly fancy - it just needs to show that you're good at writing and organizing prose, and that you're paying attention to your spelling and grammar.

4. We do expect everyone to have watched the old Neon Genesis Evangelion TV series as well as the three Rebuild of Evangelion movies as a baseline for knowledge about the series - but this might be waived for someone who is a dedicated proofreader/organizer/spelling and grammar editor.

Entry depends on whether or not you satisfy our demands. :gendoscheme:
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Tumbling Down
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Tumbling Down » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:21 am

I want an account on the wiki to add Steven Universe to the list of things that have referenced Eva.

http://forum.evageeks.org/post/778653/Evangelion-Reference-in-Steven-Universe/#778653

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:49 am

Note that the update would go in this article: https://wiki.evageeks.org/Tributes_to_Neon_Genesis_Evangelion_in_other_Media

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:12 pm

Update done. *Pulls beret over head and snores*

EDIT: TumblingDown, check your inbox if you haven't done so already.

ciptochat
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ciptochat » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:51 am

I only signed up to contribute a small amount to the wiki (perhaps even just a discussion page but it turns out it's a whole process! (Ahg.) Thank you!

Tabby-chan
Adam

Wiki Editor and FGC Request

•      
  •      

Postby Tabby-chan » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:06 am

I'd like to contribute quite a bit, as many areas of the Wiki are lacking. I'd also like to throw some commentary into the FGC's here and there, as it seems to be no-man's land out there. I'll try to be serious here and keep my offensive satire on the Forums, where it is safe to do so.
"When the going gets rough, the fighters fight harder." -KSL

"Perpetual change is stasis." -KSL

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:31 pm

It's awesome that you want to contribute-- but for the FGC, there's a special group of editors that have access to that. When the time comes to get comments for the commentary, we'll create a thread (like this) in here and ask you guys to put in comments you'd like to see. Then, we add them in after determining which ones will add substance to the commentary as a whole. It's still nice to see that you'd like to edit articles on the wiki, though-- we always need more editors.

Tabby-chan
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tabby-chan » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:45 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:It's awesome that you want to contribute-- but for the FGC, there's a special group of editors that have access to that. When the time comes to get comments for the commentary, we'll create a thread (like this) in here and ask you guys to put in comments you'd like to see. Then, we add them in after determining which ones will add substance to the commentary as a whole. It's still nice to see that you'd like to edit articles on the wiki, though-- we always need more editors.

Awesome! Thank you very much! I hope I can be of use to you and can't wait to see some more commentary!
"When the going gets rough, the fighters fight harder." -KSL

"Perpetual change is stasis." -KSL

Empyrealist
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Empyrealist » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:10 pm

I would like to become a scribe.

Its not that I desire to create new content, but I would like to help correct the numerous spelling/grammar mistakes that I have encountered over the years. I have been a Wikipedia editor (if you want to call it that) for years, and have run my own mediawiki wikis in corporate environments.

What you guys do here is invaluable to the NGE community, and I'd love to help polish this fine gem.

AlphaGamma
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby AlphaGamma » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:22 am

As i'm finding myself having a lot of free time (until september) i would like to help out editing the wiki. I was thinking about adding some info to the page dedicated to Sadamoto's manga to begin with (having recently finished reading it).

I should point out that i have no previous experience "working" on a wiki, though i have read the guide (http://wiki.evageeks.org/EvaWiki:Boot_Camp_for_Newbies).

I have watched the original tv series and the three available Rebuild movies, ofc.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:46 am

That's enough, no worries. I had no experience working on a wiki to speak of when I began, but it took me very little time to figure what to do.

Check your inbox for the signup email.

kasunex
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby kasunex » Thu May 28, 2015 6:55 pm

I'd like to be an editor, if possible. I have some experience as an editor and plenty of love for Eva theories and canon :D

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu May 28, 2015 7:26 pm

Where did you have experience as an editor, out of curiosity?

kasunex
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby kasunex » Thu May 28, 2015 7:33 pm

I did some editing for the Zelda Wiki, Simpsons Wiki, Wikipedia, TV Tropes and a few others. Although, admittedly, it was a couple of years back under some other pen name. -o-; Point being however that I can write pretty well and would do my best to contribute.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri May 29, 2015 7:27 am

Okay. Check your inbox.

kasunex
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby kasunex » Fri May 29, 2015 4:40 pm

Thanks! ^_^

dfpr
Embryo

scribe pls

•      
  •      

Postby dfpr » Fri May 29, 2015 7:56 pm

Hi, I'd like to add some bits of information here and there.

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”