Questions you want answers to

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Dr. Talos
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Talos » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:02 pm

Yeah, if they went in that direction I can't imagine it ending up being anything more than a money grab.

CATO
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby CATO » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:38 pm

The Lilith Covenant. Specifically, what were Lilith's terms?
Did she ask for a giant spaceship to go back to her home planet Eden?
Did it include a marriage with Gendou and the promise of a 1000 demon children?
"An Andalusian dog in Paris"

outsane_geek
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby outsane_geek » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:58 pm

CATO wrote:Did it include a marriage with Gendou and the promise of a 1000 demon children?

This statement has now been filed away for future crackfic purposes.
I have no idea how I got here.

CATO
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby CATO » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:34 pm

View Original Postoutsane_geek wrote:crackfic

The politically correct term is "Evangelion New Theatrical Edition".
"An Andalusian dog in Paris"

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:59 pm

Most of the questions I really care about at the moment involve the thematic thrust of the movie series. I hope that with its completion, we (collectively) are not left so confused and conflicted as to what Anno is trying to achieve.

Everything else is just fanwank fodder. (I don't need answers per se, I just desire enough scraps to make do with.)

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:30 pm

EVA Units 06, 07, 09, 10, 11, and 12 . What were they like? Who were their pilots? Most importantly, were they affiliated with WILLE or Neo-NERV?
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:03 pm

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:EVA Units 06, 07, 09, 10, 11, and 12 . What were they like? Who were their pilots? Most importantly, were they affiliated with WILLE or Neo-NERV?

It depends on the state of affairs during their operational usage. The earlier of units were probably already in production before N3I occurred. With the Vatican Treaty in place at that time, Nerv Japan (that would later become Neo-Nerv) had already maxed out the number of Evas allowed in its roster; that's why Unit-02 had to be stored away when Nerv Japan accepted Unit-03. Any other Evas being produced at that time would have to belong to any other country, by necessity. Mari's Unit-08 may have very possibly been built by the Brits.

As for post-N3I/3I, it's hard to even speculate because Q intentionally left so much information out. There's no telling how society is currently functioning, or whether the Vatican Treaty is still relevant. Toji's shirt at Neo-Nerv's HQ might indicate that at least one of those Eva Units fought on the side of Nerv Japan and possibly even Neo-Nerv, but I imagine most of them to have been on the Wille side of the fence.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”