Best Pair: What Eva Characters Do You Ship?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:02 pm

View Original PostStryker wrote:I find it amazing that Ironfoot actually quit the forum over that.

He hasn't posted anything ever since.

I only saw that exchange now after the bump, I can't stop laughing! I know its the internet, but to take such a seemingly harmless post so personally is absurdly hilarious.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:53 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:There kind of is a Kaji/Rei one. Spreading Wings or something like that.

That's the fanfic where she essentially shows up at his apartment with nothing but an overcoat on...and then quickly lets it drop to the floor, right?

Anyway, here's a few other examples (not sure if people listed them yet):

Dr. "Akira" Katsuragi and Kyoko Zeppelin Soryu (in a dark room so an audience doesn't get a clear view of what either one looks like).

Lyn Anouillh (character from a certain Evangelion fanfic) and Kaworu (who would have to have come back from the dead in this scenario unless they met in previous time before the events of ep. 24 of the canon series unbeknownst the regular/major characters at large)

Maya and the Lance of Longinous

Hyuga and GNR (right in her "vag-eye-na")

Mari and Gendo

Shinji and Mysterious "cat lady" from episode 15

Naoko and Asuka

Mana, Toji, and Kensuke in a threesome (or with Rei and Asuka in a threesome)

The class teacher and Misato

All of the Reiqaruim clones with Shinji on one end and Gendo on the other Human Centipede Style
FROM EVANGELION:
"Acts of Man are greater than acts of God!"

"I'm saying that I love you."

NOT FROM EVANGELION:
"You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold."

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:40 pm

Probably. Jesus Christ, I probably read that four years ago. Has it been that long since I first saw Eva?

I've long been intrigued by the idea of stuffing Zeruel into a sexy moe moe girl with big jiggly boobies and pairing her up with Shinji. It strikes me as funny.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:32 pm

View Original PostSawItAtAge10 wrote:Dr. "Akira" Katsuragi and Kyoko Zeppelin Soryu (in a dark room so an audience doesn't get a clear view of what either one looks like).

Well, done that (though everyone knows what they look like).
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:28 am

View Original PostSawItAtAge10 wrote:Dr. "Akira" Katsuragi and Kyoko Zeppelin Soryu (in a dark room so an audience doesn't get a clear view of what either one looks like).

AKIRA & KYOKO 4EVER. I am still shipping these two within my terrifying notebooks of incoherent patchwork fanfic. They're kind of like Shinji and Asuka, if Shinji and Asuka were scientifically-minded adult failures forever changed by their contact with the Divine. It's too bad that post-3I RP didn't go on long enough for me to ship these two right on the forum as I'd intended. It would've been hawt.

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Well, done that (though everyone knows what they look like).

Oh, how cool! Last I spoke to you about it, millennia ago, you weren't sure you were going to include Akira at all. I've been too wrapped up in myself to actually read GoE since you've started posting it, but after learning that I've had at least some influence... What a selfish, disgusting creature I am. :p

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:57 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:Oh, how cool! Last I spoke to you about it, millennia ago, you weren't sure you were going to include Akira at all. I've been too wrapped up in myself to actually read GoE since you've started posting it, but after learning that I've had at least some influence... What a selfish, disgusting creature I am. :p

The 2030 chapters are the ones you want, though Kyoko has a number of her own in 2024.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:04 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:I've long been intrigued by the idea of stuffing Zeruel into a sexy moe moe girl with big jiggly boobies and pairing her up with Shinji. It strikes me as funny.

Any time an Angel is defeated, the next day a cute girl wearing clothes quite reminescent of the Angel's body motifs shows up at NERV's main entrance, is granted entrance, and hatches onto Shinji. They all look vaguely like Rei.

Third Impact is brought on when Rei's growing feelings of jealousy reach bursting point.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:18 pm

Does that mean if Asuka or Rei kill one that they get a new angel friend as well? Will they start to compete to see who can get a new prize for their harem?
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:18 pm

It's a good plan. I'm excited to be a part of it. Let's do it.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:22 pm

I like this idea a lot. Do not disappoint me.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:08 pm

Instead of third impact, the harems have a rumble.

Also one of them latches on to Ritsuko somehow. A really annoying one.
the prophecy is true

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:15 am

Kaworu should latch onto Misato. Technically he's already the result of an angel death, and she's the only survivor from that one.
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf

Shoujo Kakumei Asuka
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Shoujo Kakumei Asuka » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:01 pm

AsuShin has been used for self-inserters before, but what happens when they grow up? They see themselves, much more stoic than the teenage boy they once were, dragging themselves into and out of work each day. What fanfiction, what pairing is there for them? I am here to propose one, to heal the hearts of these older men.

Asuka x Gendo

In all seriousness though, is there any well-written Asuka x Gendo fanfic? The pairing makes no sense, but it could have an interesting dynamic. Could Asuka change Gendo's expression? Would Asuka be able to boss around even Gendo? (I don't think so) Would Shinji and Unit 01 kill both of them in rage?

Alternatively, Asuka x Everybody

I mean everybody. Pen-Pen included. They have all become a part of her harem. It got Shinji to get out of his depression, as he gets to know the other servants of Asuka. And he now has a goal-to strive to be higher in her consideration, to be with her more often. Hikari discovers her other side. Mari's not present because this isn't Rebuild, and Kaworu realizes it's fine since he's still beside (gets to make out with) Shinji and hey, Asuka's pretty cute.
:asuka_happy:

Gendo x Fuyutsuki

You can find evidence for it in the show, I swear? Remember when Gendo said "it's hot?" What if Stupid Sexy Sensei made him hot?

I actually want fanfic for this pairing too...
I felt like I was watching a dream I could never wake up from. Before I knew it, the dream was all over... - Spike Spiegel

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:22 am

View Original PostShoujo Kakumei Asuka wrote:I actually want fanfic for this pairing too...
There are doujins.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Mon May 04, 2015 3:47 pm

View Original PostShamsiel-kun wrote:Any time an Angel is defeated, the next day a cute girl wearing clothes quite reminescent of the Angel's body motifs shows up at NERV's main entrance, is granted entrance, and hatches onto Shinji. They all look vaguely like Rei.

Third Impact is brought on when Rei's growing feelings of jealousy reach bursting point.

I have started writing this. Actually, I started writing by writing a first draft of the end, which consists of hooking up a yandere [CENSORED] with a mentally fragile [CENSORED] in the nicest worst way possible. Somehow, it really works out, with no deaths (or necrophily) to be seen, while the other pairings result in people with some...issues.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon May 04, 2015 5:24 pm

After all these years, I still maintain MisatoxGendo is batshit crazy wonderful.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Thu May 14, 2015 3:47 pm

I'm going to go "meta" with this and say Tiffany Grant and Yuko Miyamura.
FROM EVANGELION:

NOT FROM EVANGELION:

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Thu May 14, 2015 4:37 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:After all these years, I still maintain MisatoxGendo is batshit crazy wonderful.

Perhaps, but finding a way to make that work within the setting seems utterly impossible. Plus Rits would kill them both unless you made that a threesome.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu May 14, 2015 5:35 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Kaworu should latch onto Misato.

This pairing becomes unbelievably cracked if you like to think they're related. -o-;
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Thu May 14, 2015 6:13 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:This pairing becomes unbelievably cracked if you like to think they're related. -o-;

They'd be something like brother and sister, right?
FROM EVANGELION:

NOT FROM EVANGELION:

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”