Rebuild Eva model WIP

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

BlackFang
Embryo

Rebuild Eva model WIP

•      
  •      

Postby BlackFang » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:12 pm

I'm a VR programmer using Unreal Engine 4, and in anticipation of my STEMs arriving, I wanted to start prototyping a small Evangelion fan-game / proof of concept. However, I am also poor and cannot pay somebody to model for me. Unfortunately, I don't have much artistic talent either. So, a few days ago I started smashing boxes and spheres together in 3ds max. I was also able to find an old set of models from a character mod for UT3. They seemed to be a mix of traits from NGE and NTE. I scaled these to approximate NTE proportions and am deleting parts of them as I replace them with my own models. This way makes it easier to keep things in proportion to each other.

So far I have most of the abdomen, pylons, arm sans-hands, and the lower leg.

I've really got no idea what I am going to do about the shoulder joint yet, as far as being able to have it animate properly. The old model had a "shoulder ball" that wasn't actually connected to the main body.

BlackFang
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby BlackFang » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:21 pm

Made lots of adjustments to the body and almost finished with the legs. Sill need to do the back of the torso, add knuckle dusters to the hands, and make my own feet.

Return to “Fan Works”