NeoNerv to DEVA

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Ukago
Embryo

NeoNerv to DEVA

•      
  •      

Postby Ukago » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:19 am

On the left: From the recent movie - Expelled From Paradise - Logo of supercomputer DEVA in which humanity lives as one inside virtual reality.

On the right: NeoNerv logo - organisation dedicated to create something just like above.

So is this just a coincidence, ideas flow due to production sharing, or maybe part of a larger plan for expansion of Evangelion universe? :reiquiz:
Anta baka ?!?!

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:36 am

^Since Expelled from Paradise is made by Toei rather than Khara and has no links to Eva at all, you are probably overthinking things. At the very best it is a subtle reference; at the worst you're imagining it.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:47 am

It's like how we scan barcodes and hashtags for information. Seele are so far removed for humanity literally their entire alien language is literally composed of barcodes. Its little details that make the biggest difference.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:21 am

^
Worst, neo-NERV's language (I suppose you were talking about them, not SEELE) is very probably literally composed of an alien language, seeing the power that those runes seems to hold when used on pillars, for me it's clear that it's part of the Rebuild equivalent of the FAR's technology.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Ukago
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Ukago » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:04 am

Then it all comes down to coding I asume.
Barcodes, runes, and even Seele themselves exist in digitilized form ( I say exist beacuse I think that they have transfered themselves into Wunder or Uni01 if they can live only inside core - data matrix ).

All this brings me back to my thinking that Gendou Master Plan is connected to virtual reality and digitalization of himself like in the original EVA proposal.

Also - why would runes affect angels? Beacuse all reality is virtual and so the code works. Dor of Guf is a portal to "higher" level of this fractal looped reality to which we apear as virtual.
Anta baka ?!?!

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:45 am

View Original PostUkago wrote:Then it all comes down to coding I asume.
Barcodes, runes, and even Seele themselves exist in digitilized form ( I say exist beacuse I think that they have transfered themselves into Wunder or Uni01 if they can live only inside core - data matrix ).

That would be a hell of a stinger if it turned out that SEELE had already transferred themselves to Wunder when Eva Mark.09 hacked it. Although Gendo appeared to believe that their deaths were final.

I doubt that the entire Rebuild continuity takes place in VR like Lain or Transistor. Although it would explain some things like the disappearing watch...
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Ukago
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Ukago » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:01 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:I doubt that the entire Rebuild continuity takes place in VR like Lain or Transistor.

I'm not saying Rebuild takes place in VR - I'm saying that REAL Reality and VR are interconnected. They are parts of the fractal that are similar in structure and repeating themseles as you go "down" the spiral - which in the end is a line of code. Creation and the creator are one the same and they want to portray that in Rebuild. :)

I also saw somewhere concept work for Rebuild in which there was a huge mandelbrod fractal hole after a core explosion?
Anta baka ?!?!

Fredsq
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Fredsq » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:13 pm

Did anyone try the glyph-musical note thing to listen how neo NERV’s logo hex glyphs sound like? Or do they just spell "NERV? I doubt it’s that simple :D

The grid of triangles to me just looks like it’s glitched, the original logo design was corrupted — hence only part of the logo is distorted.
It looks like it had its resolution lowered then corrected using the scale2x or 4x filter.
Any who, more of a symbolic representation of how old NERV is no more the same organisation and is in decline, just “patching” whatever needs fixing.
Last edited by Fredsq on Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:12 pm

And how about it happened the other way around?
After being released from observation by Gehrin, she continued her life while keeping tabs on the organization and its successor, NERV, to look for any post she could join so she could be part of the fight against the Angels.
She's not dumb, she probably know that Gehrin know the truth about 2I from her time being observed by them, and the fact NERV receive monstrous amounts of funds from the UN means that they are getting prepared for something big that's coming.
Turns out that she was very good with skills needed for the Field Operations department, that and the fact that she knows about the truth of 2I (meaning that NERV won't have to explain it to her) and her immense desire of vengeance (meaning that she'll do everything it takes to defeat the Angels) made her perfect material for being the chief of the department.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”