Evangelion Blu-rays with English Dub (HELP WANTED)

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Cirk
Embryo

Evangelion Blu-rays with English Dub (HELP WANTED)

Postby Cirk » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:47 pm

I'm just as excited about NGE and EoE on Blu-ray as the next guy, and of course I'll be getting them, but one of my favorite things about it is the dub, and not being able to watch it in English almost makes me reconsider even buying them, which I'm sure some others feel too. So, with the help of others, I'd like to make the new Eva blu-ray footage available with English audio without the 2-3 year wait in between. And I can't do this alone, so I'm seeking help from where else but EvaGeeks. So here's what I'm looking for:

A free video editor able to export 1080p (or 1080i? What's the difference?) HD videos (Torrents are okay, as long as they're safe)

Someone able to either rip the Blu-rays or capture it from an HD TV and send me the files.

After having these things, I'll simply replace the Japanese audio with English from the Platinum release(s) by ADV, and for EoE, I'll try to remove the goofy sound effects if this is all made possible. I have no idea how to put subtitles into video files, so someone with the knowledge of that kind of stuff could insert the subs for signs and text in.

Now I know the blu-rays are still pretty far away, but this is all a dream I'd like to make reality, so if anyone could help me with this, it'd be much appreciated.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:55 pm

You've time to learn how to do these things yourself, you know. Then you can start with your own copies and get the result you want (the way I have already got the version of EoE that I wanted).

Asking on a forum for people to rip and send you files is not likely to lead to a long and happy membership... (check the rules).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:00 pm

It is indeed against the rules. Thread over.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Return to “Fan Works”