SyFy's TV adaptation of The 12 Monkeys

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

SyFy's TV adaptation of The 12 Monkeys

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:51 pm

So, this is happening, and all I can say is, ugghhh. The original film is brilliant on its own, and the fact this is being put out by the people at SyFy has my expectations for this upcoming show very low. A 9 minute sneak preview of the pilot episode is available now online, and I'm already cringing. In just that short nine-minutes, they already disregarded the possibility that Cole may just be crazy and paranoid (which was a huge part of the intrigue of the original film) by having him prove to someone pretty concretely that he's a time traveler. Great, ruin the psychological aspect of the story, and in return, be entirely heavy-handed with the killer virus plot line.

Can anyone who watches this show please let me know if it's any good, because I can't bring myself to bother with it based off of what I've already seen.
Last edited by Sachi on Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:29 pm

Yeah im not watching a classic be ruined.
tell me if its good too.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:44 pm

Not going to touch it even with a 10meter stick.

Film was amazing by the way. I have mentioned in the thread ''Last Movie You Watched'' too.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:24 am

Yeah, it was rather crap. Not only did they toss away the psychological angle that made it interesting in the first place, but they're also totally just hand waving the time travel making any concrete sense as well. Honestly Continuum looks pretty good by comparison, and that show is C-grade at it's best.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Return to “Film and Video”