Khara Subs for 3.33?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition").
The third installment debuted in Japan on November 17, 2012.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Guy Nacks
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:09 pm

I say replace all the kids except Palencia with actual teen voice actors, but direct the fucking shit out them so they give realistic performances. Stanley Kubrick that shit.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:22 pm

View Original PostTumbling Down wrote:American release date for 3.33 (are we calling that Q now?)

Not any different than 2.0/2.22 = Ha (Break) and 1.0/1.11 = Jo (Prologue). Japanese titles and their international titles (both by Studio khara).

And NGE BD/DVD boxsets discussion is this a way :arrow: http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/16935/Bluray-release-TV-original-movies-Summer-2015/
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Dancougar82
Embryo

Otaku USA Evangelion 3.33 release article

•      
  •      

Postby Dancougar82 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:54 am

Basically says that which we already know but mentions special tracks to go on it? Hmmm... Could be interesting. http://www.otakuusamagazine.com/LatestNews/News1/Funimation-Comments-on-Evangelion-333-Release-6132.aspx
--Dancougar82

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:20 pm

Merged into this thread: http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/17039/Khara-Subs-for-333/ Please give it a read-through.

Everybody's making new news out of something that was known back in August! -o-;

Dancougar82
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Dancougar82 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:01 pm

Well to be fair, back in August the only thing of note that came up was that it was put on preorder and had actual info about what was going to be on the disks.
--Dancougar82

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:15 pm

"Special tracks" = Khara's own translation, which we already knew about in August.

I'd assume that means it'll be something like Funi's translated subs, Khara's translated subs (Dan Kanemitsu subs??), and Funi's (reworked?) dub. Doubt they'll include the original dub from the theatrical screening due to anything deemed as mistakes, and Khara making a point of working alongside Funimation to begin with.

The Cruel
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby The Cruel » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:13 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Also on my wishlist: Replace Asuka.

I don't know who can dub Asuka better than Tiffany Grant. She is too unique for this Character as much as Spike Spencer for Shinji.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:31 pm

She's better in Rebuild but she doesn't bring across the character's nuances. I think that despite her relative popularity compared to Japan, Asuka is seen as a shrill bitch in the American fandom because of the way Grant plays her.

Even a re-recording with Grant would be superior to the original dub.
the prophecy is true
The wish for respectability, observed spiritual teacher Jiddu Krishnamurti, is the greatest deterrent to selfhood and progress.

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:34 pm

View Original PostThe Cruel wrote:I don't know who can dub Asuka better than Tiffany Grant.

Of course you don't, because no (English-speaking) actor has been given a chance. The amount of talent out there makes this a no-brainer, though: SOMEbody can do it better. :p

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:17 pm

^ I think Chloë Grace Moretz would do a good job with Asuka. (Soryu and Shikinami.) The trick is rationalizing that in a dub budget and still not be Disney.

Guy Nacks
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:57 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:^ I think Chloë Grace Moretz would do a good job with Asuka. (Soryu and Shikinami.) The trick is rationalizing that in a dub budget and still not be Disney.

Seconded.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

kuro hazama
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby kuro hazama » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:30 pm

All this Funi business seems really weird to me, for starters, the original translation certainly isnt as bad as it has been in other countries( and they arent changing their dubs). second, theres is already an official release of the movie with english subtitles made by Khara: the Asian(or HK) version, credited to Dan K., having seen them, theres no way you can further "enhance" them, since it has some dialogue liberties meant to better convey the meaning of some scenes(i.e. Fuyutsuki is trying to make Shinji somewhat symphatize with Gendou´s supposed sacrifice, or Gendou saying that SEELE is on an "Eternal quest to give inmortality to those with the burden of death) and all terminology is already figured, the most revealing case being the mysterious "Gishi shinka keitai" previously interpreted by fans as "Pseudo evolution phase, or form" due to shinka meaning evolution, but in reality this has been always been written as シン化, with the same shin as Shin Eva, heres the interesting thing, Khara has already an english name for this strange word.
"Gishi Shinka Keitai" = Pesudo DMS Phase

DMS= Deification Middle Stage?
Deification "" System?

Anyways, in my personal opinion, maybe Khara is studying options for bigger distributors since Anno has shown renewed interest in the foreign market.
the eva team

gendo team brains/pimpface
ritsuko team cyborg
Misato team berserker
aoba team undead
hyuga team psycho
ibuki psycho stalker

fuyu team badass

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:39 pm

The HK subs already being by Dan Kanemitsu is extremely interesting.

Do you have the whole sub track handy by any chance? It would be quite useful in this thread: http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/13456/Translation-of-Evangelion-30/
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

kuro hazama
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby kuro hazama » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:15 pm

Ill try to rip it tonight or tomorrow, as I mentioned, in some cases some dialogue libertie(nothing extreme) may shock some of the people who were being somewhat seeking a literal translation, but Its pretty good for a (seemingly) officially approved english script.

Anyways, the subtitle track calls the next movie "Shin Evangelion Theatrical Release" (some countries are translating as New Evangelion)

Just speculation, but since previous official subtitles used the numbered names as to avoid the New movies blurb, maybe the next film would be called Shin Evangelion: The Motion Picture in english, though now we know that theres the 3.0+1.0 name confirmed.
the eva team

gendo team brains/pimpface
ritsuko team cyborg
Misato team berserker
aoba team undead
hyuga team psycho
ibuki psycho stalker

fuyu team badass

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion”