Official Eva FINAL updated NTV Preview thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:08 pm

Few seemed to care about the expo until [s:3kwad27t]ass and titties[/s:3kwad27t] ME!ME!ME!
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:09 pm

I didn't even know it existed until someone linked me to that particular video.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Sicarius VI » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:11 pm

TMBounty_Hunter must be pretty sick of me for mentioning it so many times. :lol:

The Expo on Evageeks became really popular after Me!Me!Me! was aired so it is likely that many missed the promotional video for it.

I should have posted the screen shot I took of it as one of the first post in the Expo's thread.

Edit- Wow I was typing this as Monk and TM had their next two posts.. Hehe regurgitating what TM has said.
Last edited by Sicarius VI on Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:14 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Few seemed to care about the expo until [s]ass and titties[/s] ME!ME!ME!

It was certainly the most interesting of the first three shorts that came out-- and dare I say, it's still the most interesting one of all the shorts that have been produced. To add to your thought, though, it does seem like few cared before-- and that few cared after, as well. I haven't seen anywhere near the same level of commentary on Carnage or the recent one with a really long name with the tiny naked girl running around everywhere.

I guess this is the part where I feel like a hipster for watching this stuff before people started catching on to it. :huh:

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Sicarius VI » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:17 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:It was certainly the most interesting of the first three shorts that came out-- and dare I say, it's still the most interesting one of all the shorts that have been produced. To add to your thought, though, it does seem like few cared before-- and that few cared after, as well. I haven't seen anywhere near the same level of commentary on Carnage or the recent one with a really long name with the tiny naked girl running around everywhere.

I guess this is the part where I feel like a hipster for watching this stuff before people started catching on to it. :huh:

Infact the only thing that got more reception that Me!Me!Me! was the Evangelion video, but that got it's own thread.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

airman4
Banned

Postby airman4 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:46 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Black Evangelion = a short that's part of Animator Expo that still hasn't aired but in a trailer we see it's a completely different style of design and rendering that the actual movies.

http://forum.evageeks.org/post/764104/Annos-Animator-Expo/#764104

thanks
jesus i'm too focused on FINAL

For animator expo , yeah Me ! Me ! Me made me warae of it (more of the hype around it)

distopia
Lilith

Postby distopia » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:12 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:It is now ~2.5 hours after the revised starting time stated in the tweet earlier in the thread.

Twitter has been silent the entire time. It's probably safe to presume nothing happened other than a few sleepy otaku crying out Kaworu-kuuuuuu~n! at 5 in the morning.

Old preview (08+02)?
B/w panel (Next: Evangelion: 3.0+1.0)?
Anything else?
Nothing at all?

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:56 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Black Evangelion = a short that's part of Animator Expo that still hasn't aired but in a trailer we see it's a completely different style of design and rendering that the actual movies.

http://forum.evageeks.org/post/764104/Annos-Animator-Expo/#764104

I did not know this thing existed but it looks badass (too bad we'll most likely never see it ever again).

It seems they're dropping loads of Eva hints (in ME!ME!ME! alone you have Hana T's SEELE mask, the Eva girls cameo, and the NOILEGNAVE which is basically a glorified plugsuit), and then they hit us with Until You Come to Me. But still nothing concrete, annoyingly.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:19 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:(in ME!ME!ME! alone you have Hana T's SEELE mask

In fact that mask is an almost exact recreation of the giant in the Moon mask in the early drafts. (the ADAM that would serve to create the Mark.06)
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:39 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:I did not know this thing existed but it looks badass (too bad we'll most likely never see it ever again).

It's in the trailer for the expo and we've seen less than 1/3 of the shorts released so far. That short will come out eventually.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:34 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:The NOILEGNAVE which is basically a glorified plugsuit

And is also just EVANGELION written backwards. ;)

@Distopia: Nope, not a peep. Nothing new.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:26 am

Bless Anime Maru and their humor: http://www.animemaru.com/evagelion-3-01-0-delayed-until-actual-third-impact/

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Sicarius VI » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:48 am

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:Bless Anime Maru and their humor: http://www.animemaru.com/Evangelion-3-01-0-delayed-until-actual-third-impact/

Wish that was real.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Official Eva FINAL updated NTV Preview thread

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:39 am

Found this the other day sadly its really poor quality and I'm not sure if its real but wanted to post anyway as the footage of Gendo, Yui and Shinji's shoes looks new where as the rest looks like its from the music video Until You Come To Me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXsSugdf3c8
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:43 am

Fake, no official channels have been updated, its also been debunked before. Best to just wait till next Saturday to see if there's any update.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:02 am

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:Fake, no official channels have been updated, its also been debunked before. Best to just wait till next Saturday to see if there's any update.

Thanks wasn't aware of that, I'll wait till next Saturday when the real deal comes out.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:30 pm

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:next Saturday when the real deal comes out.

Or not...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:36 pm

I feel like there's a good chance they'll put out something on April 1st, but if they do it'll probably be another "thank you for waiting patiently" message from Anno, I think.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:56 pm

I'm gonna have an extra pair of underwear ready. If they release a full teaser trailer, there might be a cumsplosion in my pants.

That won't happen, though. Again, at most we'll get a release date and a title.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:04 pm

Well, all that is best case scenario (meaning they have enough to scenes done to cobble together a preview), worst case scenario is getting an official announcement of another delay. It would be nice to get at least season and year release date (like Spring 2018 would be awesome), even if they don't have it hammered out quite yet, it would be cool to answer (one of) the biggest questions in the fandom at the moment.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”