Evangelion 4.44 Dreams

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:28 pm

It's another 14-year timeskip, and we find a bearded Shinji in Oregon or Washington state working as a lumberjack. Anno then begins to sing "I'm Glad, Because I'm Finally Returning Home".

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:59 pm

View Original Postmonitoradiation wrote:I had an 4.0 dream a week or so ago. There was a musical number involved...

From what i can remember, Shinji had his head DSS'd like 400 times and it keeps regrowing. Then they fused stump-to-stump with the Ayanami series heads where fuyu showed them to Shinji. The Ayanami heads started singing tengoku ni kioku because i was listening to that song quite a bit. The FARs got summoned and basically thought this was BS and killed everyone. Rei 2 was left as Lilith and she was forever alone.

Sad ending ikr?

What are you on, and where can I get it?
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

monitoradiation
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby monitoradiation » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:15 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:What are you on, and where can I get it?

I'm on maths and logics!

But I wasn't happy at all about that ending, no i wasn't. i wanted to dream about an alternate ending similar to the manga ending but Rei did not precipitate into... precipitation. EFF THAT ENDING.

I mean. she's basically V for Vendetta-esquing herself... I don't know whyyyyy she couldnt relinquish her Lilith responsibilities and create a human body to live in.... Perhaps that's not what she can do or wants to do.... BUT OH SO SAD that i realized that i ship ReixHappily-Existing-But-Not-As-Precipitation-or-An-Idea.

Edit: Though with the Rebuilds looking like quite a departure and how saccharine 2.22 got at the end I'm hoping beyond hope that Rei will actually have a happy ending that doesn't involve a grand farewell scene where she has to leave/die/ascend... I hate those types of endings... it's so.... typically asian fantasy novel type stuff. Anno, you're better than this!

Sorry I got off topic >_< Maybe I'll have another dream worth reporting soon.
"0" is the past, "1" is the future, but "the present" is nowhere - this is an undeniable logic.
Among the countless parallel lines, I settle on "blasphemy" as my choice.

Dr. Talos
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Talos » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:20 pm

I had a Final dream the other night that left me feeling rather disappointed.

It began with a lot of action, explosions and nonsensical technobabble which I can't recall all that well. At the climatic moment of the final battle when everything had come to a head and the fate of the world hung in the balance it looked as if Neo-Nerv and Gendo were done for. Cornered by Misato and company Gendo then proceeded to ramble in an incoherent manner about how this was all according to plan and that the moment had come for his ultimate victory. Everyone was utterly shocked. Then the curtain came down. Literally a curtain. Like at a play.

When the curtain rose a couple of seconds later the entire cast dressed in black tie stepped forward to the front of the stage of the Royal Albert Hall to take a bow as if they had just taken part in a performance at the Proms. Everyone was clapping and screaming "Congratulations." I left the theater feeling like I had been severely shortchanged and woke up distinctly unimpressed with Final.

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:01 pm

Add that to the list of: Endings we predicted for Final.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

monitoradiation
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby monitoradiation » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:09 pm

View Original PostDr. Talos wrote:I had a Final dream the other night that left me feeling rather disappointed.

It began with a lot of action, explosions and nonsensical technobabble which I can't recall all that well. At the climatic moment of the final battle when everything had come to a head and the fate of the world hung in the balance it looked as if Neo-Nerv and Gendo were done for. Cornered by Misato and company Gendo then proceeded to ramble in an incoherent manner about how this was all according to plan and that the moment had come for his ultimate victory. Everyone was utterly shocked. Then the curtain came down. Literally a curtain. Like at a play.

When the curtain rose a couple of seconds later the entire cast dressed in black tie stepped forward to the front of the stage of the Royal Albert Hall to take a bow as if they had just taken part in a performance at the Proms. Everyone was clapping and screaming "Congratulations." I left the theater feeling like I had been severely shortchanged and woke up distinctly unimpressed with Final.

A play within a play?...... ARE YOU SECRETLY ANNO?!
"0" is the past, "1" is the future, but "the present" is nowhere - this is an undeniable logic.
Among the countless parallel lines, I settle on "blasphemy" as my choice.

Dr. Talos
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Talos » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:18 pm

View Original Postmonitoradiation wrote:A play within a play?...... ARE YOU SECRETLY ANNO?!

Could be. You never know! ;)

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:45 am

View Original PostDr. Talos wrote:I had a Final dream the other night that left me feeling rather disappointed.

Reminds me of bits of the original EoTV.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

shinji_ryoji_89
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby shinji_ryoji_89 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:56 pm

I had one last night that was the dumbest dream I've ever had. It's really frustrating that thanks to Yoga I'm having the best sleep I've ever had only to have my head annoyed by nightmares or these seriously stupid dreams:

I dreamt I went to see the new Dragon Ball Z movie with my brother, which would never happen because my brother is not into it. And midway through the movie there was an intermission and for some reason, they were showing parts of Rebuild of Evangelion, including the credits and scenes of the next movie. I don't remember much but they were basically shots of the characters, including Kaworu standing below a clear-blue sky. Then I went to get popcorn and the popcorn stand was attended by a girl, and then a friend of mine took over and said I needed to pay 20 pesos and then the other girl came back and told me that it would be 18 pesos so I gave her the 20 pesos bill and she said it would just be 18 pesos and I told her "Yeah, but you only have to give me two pesos change, what's the big deal?" and then she went into like a trance and crawled into a fetal position on the floor, and was just going "I don't understand anything...leave me alone...why is everything so complicated...." I just rolled my eyes and then left and woke up.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:37 pm

Had a dream that footage was released (short trailer) of 4.0/Final.

Wasn't anything too exciting. Just Shinji, Asuka and Tentative Rei walking through the red desert. Asuka was yelling at Shinji to keep on walking while Rei was making a very weird (annoyed) expression. Was vague as to what Rei's expression was towards. Though it was more weird in terms of looks (e.g: "What the hell happened to Ayanami's face?") than being weird because it was out of character for Rei. -o-;

I woke up wondering what the hell that was about.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:52 am

I had a dream about three teaser trailers for 4.44.

The first one was just shots of the post N3I landscape with fossilized mass production Eva rising out of it, with a voiceover by John Swazey reciting Edgar Allen Poes "Conqueror Worm", as Gendo.

The second one was Misato on the Wunder, and the voiceover was Allison Keith reciting Invictus.

The Third on was Shinji centered and the voiceover was Spike Spencer quot from Milton. The same line from the EOE trailer. And the book of Job. Something about "being full of sorrow" The camera then panned up to show him with a gun to his head his hands shaking, he pulls it away and breaks down crying as the camera cuts to black..

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:24 pm

Had one regarding Misato ordering the younger officers of the Wunder crew (Sakura, Midori, Tama) to evacuate and leave the next phase of the operation they were undertaking which involved a kamikaze attack towards an unseen threat to the older crew.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:17 pm

Yikes! That's depressing but something I could see Misato doing in a desperate situation.

Sakura Shiro
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Sakura Shiro » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:06 am

I recently had the strangest of dreams related to Final, and i have to say, I dearly hope it doesn't become a reality.
it continued off from where 3.33 ended off at, only that because this was a dream y'know its pretty scattered and non-sensical [s:1eehjajb](well, why should i be surprised though, this is Eva we're talking about)[/s:1eehjajb] . It had something to do with Giant Naked Rei, but instead of the classic EoE approach on things, she deformed from the feet-up just like Armisael's pre-death bit in the Director's Cut ver. It was more or less a rebirth of all the previous angels from 2.22 and 1.11.
By then, Misato really really wasn't happy.

Don't ask why I dream of Eva, it just all the more proves how I don't have a life outside Evageeks :facepalm: :lol:
Its fortunate; living one more life than the ordinary person. One life, dedicated to the life I live. The other, to escape that one other life through art. When I die, I want my art to live on. -Rose Fellelyn

EvangelionGodMode
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionGodMode » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:23 pm

I kinda want Shinji to kick the mp evas ass this time. I also would like to have a scene with Shinji saving Asuka in a similiar fashion he did with Rei in the end of 2.22. I'm probably one of the few people who would rather a few fight scenes, instead of bunch of them, leaving more time to focus on the characters and develop them since this is the last we will probably see the characters for a couple of years. Also seeing Unit 01 die and getting destroyed would be pretty unique since in the original it was the only one that didn't die.
Bong. James Bong. Bruce lee the way I kick it, Tiger Woods the way I hit it.-Blake ,Workaholics.
To put it in laid man terms, hes getting laid man.-Blake, Workaholics.
"You shoulda known the price of evil"-M Shadows

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:28 pm

^
This thread means "dreams" in the sense of what you see when you're sleeping, though I think Eva-01 kicking the bucket would be far too sad. -o-;

EvangelionGodMode
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionGodMode » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:30 pm

O my bad I misunderstood the topic
Bong. James Bong. Bruce lee the way I kick it, Tiger Woods the way I hit it.-Blake ,Workaholics.
To put it in laid man terms, hes getting laid man.-Blake, Workaholics.
"You shoulda known the price of evil"-M Shadows

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”