[TV] South Park

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:47 pm

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote: Who else saw that?

Yea, they seemed to portray M:TG pretty accurately(except for the chickens playing it), but they took a few liberties with it that I'm sure pissed a lot of people on the internet off.

I've watched all of the episodes this season(first time since probably 2007 or so) because one of my good buddies is in to it, and the Magic episode was probably my favorite one. This season is sort of interesting though in that it has a core story that's been playing on throughout, even though each episode can still be viewed on its own, a la Seinfeld. Most of the episodes have been dealing with social media and all of the things people obsess over on the internet i.e. Kickstarter, Uber, drones, fan commentaries, Iggy Azalea's body. I've found it all pretty funny, and none of the ribbing has been all that mean spirited. Looking forward to tonight's episode. :kawaii:
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:50 pm

View Original PostJoy Evangelion wrote:This season is sort of interesting though in that it has a core story that's been playing on throughout, even though each episode can still be viewed on its own, a la Seinfeld. Most of the episodes have been dealing with social media and all of the things people obsess over on the internet i.e. Kickstarter, Uber, drones, fan commentaries, Iggy Azalea's body. I've found it all pretty funny, and none of the ribbing has been all that mean spirited. Looking forward to tonight's episode. :kawaii:

This isn't the first time SP has had a multi-episode arc, but it is the first time that they seem to be threading plotlines or event through almost every episode of the entire season thus far. It's cool because we haven't seen them try to take continuity as seriously as they have until now. Hopefully their "The Washington Redskins Go F*ck Yourself Holiday Special" will deliver all eh lulz that that tirle would seem to indicate.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Return to “Film and Video”