Will you spoil FINAL for yourself before you see it?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:15 pm

Asuka's gonna be a harder sell. For Me at least.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:03 am

I think tomorrow's trailer will be my ticket aboard the hype train. I'm gettin' spoiled all the way.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:33 am

Technically tomorrow and a bit. 30.5 hours to go.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:00 am

Killin' my jive, mate. :tongue:

KnifeEyeAttack
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby KnifeEyeAttack » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:50 am

Ha!

As much as I would love to isolate myself and stay daisy fresh to experience the film spoiler-free, I know my self control is not that good when it comes to Eva. I will watch the teasers, pour over every little scrap that comes our way right up until release.

I'll probably hear whispers from friends after the release, a tidbit here, a hushed conversation as I round a corner there. I will probably cave and read a synopsis within a week.

I can't fucking wait.

The Cruel
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby The Cruel » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:47 am

For me, it pains me how uncertain things are with Final. And it pains me even more to think about it. So many things can happen there, whether they are good, bad or in between. It will be a torture until the end and people 'll be glad for finaly finishing Evangelion and let this tale rest forever.
Last edited by The Cruel on Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:22 pm

The only way I want my self to be spoiled is by watching the actual film. Before that, the furthest I'd go is listen to the soundtrack.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:37 pm

View Original PostThe Cruel wrote:For me, it pains me how uncertain things are with Final. And it pains me even more to think about it. So many things can happen there, whether they are good, bad or in between. It will be a torture until the end and people 'll be glad for finaly finishing Evangelion and letting this tale rest forever.

'Letting Eva Rest forever'
Insert Tom Cruise laughing collage here :lol:

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:36 pm

It's likely the final time with an Anno-involved Evangelion, anyway. So, the end of REAL Evangelion, even if there's more.

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Darkwing » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:02 pm

Oh I will definitly be spoiling myself, since I'll need to know if I'll even remotely enjoy it, or if it's just going to leave me feeling depressed and like someone kicked me in the balls for a week afterwards. As it is I'll be amazed if I'm not upset for a while from just the summery.
I'm not sure what I feel about Eva anymore, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually enjoy the series anymore.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:04 pm

Ideally, I'll be flying out to Japan to see the movie on opening night, so spoilers won't be a problem for me. :lol:

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:06 pm

Came back to this thread to see if my opinion changed.........yeah imma spoil the shit out of myself.
I cant wait for the rage that the movie will probably create due to shitty fansubs, it will probably be impossible to understand what the hell is going on when the first fansubs are out.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:08 pm

Some people from Evageeks made subs for the Q camprip and made them substantially better. I'd be surprised if the same treatment isn't applied for Shin.

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:12 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Ideally, I'll be flying out to Japan to see the movie on opening night, so spoilers won't be a problem for me. :lol:

Man I've started learning Japanese because of Anime's and Eva's influence over me, and I am still disappointed I will be too young to do this, literally a once in a lifetime thing to fly out in Japan to see the Final Rebuild Eva movie.

Well if you end up doing this Nuclear, I have one thing to say... lucky lunchbox!.... I'll see myself out.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:20 pm

How the heck are you too young to go and see a movie?

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sorrow » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:24 pm

At sixteen I doubt he is financially able to fly out to Japan on his own so that he may watch a film.
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:26 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:How the heck are you too young to go and see a movie?

Well the flying out to Japan part, I would love to go to Japan and even planning it later in life. There is no possible way that would even remotely happen now for a few reasons. The movie part... well whenever they release 3.0+1.0 English du b I will make sure I see the screening for that... hehe in like 2020.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:25 am

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:There is no possible way that would even remotely happen now
Well, it isn't happening "now"; and with the lack of the usual advance material, the possibility of it happening on the far side of your 18th birthday isn't something to dismiss out of hand.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:24 pm

Got willingly spoiled for EoE. It's rare nowadays that I don't spoil myself for a movie and that trend ain't stopping now. :mayano:
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”