Jurassic World

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:46 pm

I think this movie would be better received if it were instead entitled Star Lord and the Raptor Squad.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:04 pm

Machinima Talks About The Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZQo14fJCDg

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:21 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:I think this movie would be better received if it were instead entitled Star Lord and the Raptor Squad.

I would eat that up with a spoon, yes.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:01 pm

the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

delispin25
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby delispin25 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:05 am

Chris Pratt sounded wooden as fuck in that trailer. I really wish they wouldn't have cast him, or better yet, just not have his character play such a big role in the movie. It's pretty boring when the main character (or one of them) is some badass looking tough guy that knows what he's doing, instead of an average Joe, like Dr. Grant. This movie looks fun at least, but that doesn't mean it's going to be good. Transformers was fun, but those are some horrible movies. I'm almost certain this will be a stinker, much like most of these reboots and sequels. I'll still see it though, because just seeing that trailer made me nostalgic for the days when I was completely obsessed with dinosaurs, to the point where my mother and friends would get annoyed with me because I would constantly talk about them.
"At least I get laid." - TDSA
"I LITERALLY CANT STOP BEATING WOMEN" - CJD

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:36 pm

This site is making me happy: http://www.jurassicworld.com

They even bothered to put a link to a separate website for the genetic company behind the cloned dinosaurs that tells you about the company and even apply for jobs there: http://www.masraniglobal.com/main.html The amount of thought put into this is rather neat.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:13 pm

Superbowl trailer is out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaAZXbQs3SM

Lots of people don't like it. Personally? I'm open to it, and still looking forward to it. What do you guys think? I'm still fairly confident this movie will be good.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:21 pm

Still not impressed at all. Chuckman is right on target about Jurassic Park, book versus movie. The more I look at this, the more I see another run-of-the-mill thriller/horror movie, without the broader overarching themes and subtext of the original.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:27 pm

I'm looking for a good movie first. Social commentary second. AS long as it brings something fresh to the table I don't mind too much,

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:36 pm

I want a Hollywood movie where dinosaurs don't particularly care about people. You know, like normal animals. Because this whole "humans are Turkish delight, man!" thing was stale 80 years ago, and it hasn't improved with age.

And holy fuck, we have a dinosaur whisperer now? Are they going for irony, or are they just that stupid?
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:39 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:I want a Hollywood movie where dinosaurs don't particularly care about people. You know, like normal animals. Because this whole "humans are Turkish delight, man!" thing was stale 80 years ago, and it hasn't improved with age.

And holy fuck, we have a dinosaur whisperer now? Are they going for irony, or are they just that stupid?

Well to be fair we don't really know how humans would taste to a dinosaur, maybe they would really like them, then again maybe they would hate them too.

But yeah, as long as it doesn't get like in peter jacksons king kong where eating people became more important then self preservation for the dinosaurs. I mean I may like a piza, but I won't jump off a cliff to get one.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:49 pm

Star Lord and the Raptor Squad is actually very true to the way the raptors were treated and certain issues raised in Crichton's second book.
the prophecy is true

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:45 pm

View Original PostDefectron wrote:Well to be fair we don't really know how humans would taste to a dinosaur, maybe they would really like them, then again maybe they would hate them too.

More likely the latter, on account of one simple fact: humans sweat. Other animals don't do this. They thermoregulate in other ways. But the upshot is, by animal standards humans stink. And, moreover, we're covered in grime and salt and other nasty shit all the time. And that T-rex? Best developed sense of smell this side of a turkey vulture. Nothing else in the animal kingdom even comes close. So he'll smell us coming a mile away (much further, actually) and be nauseated the whole time.

Predators, by and large, don't like humans. When a great white bites us he spits us out, no doubt miffed that he got suckered into grabbing one of us instead of the tasty sea lion he expected. Wolves run away from us, or did until they said "fuck it, let's be friends", and birds will do anything to make us go away. Cats are the only ones who routinely make exceptions; leopards will eat anything, they don't give a fuck, and lions and tigers occasionally develop a taste for human flesh. But for the most part? "Fuck those humans, man, they're nasty."

I would fucking love to see a scene in a movie where a raptor chases after the heroine, bites her, and then instantly releases her, gagging as he backs away slowly. It would be like watching a shark go after a hagfish (youtube it), utterly hilarious. And then the poor girl is somewhat offended that the freakin' dinosaur didn't think she was worth eating. Because hey, she's happy to be alive and all, but that's kinda insulting, y'know?

But yeah, as long as it doesn't get like in peter jacksons king kong where eating people became more important then self preservation for the dinosaurs. I mean I may like a piza, but I won't jump off a cliff to get one.

The part I really "love" about that, and I use the term loosely, is the bit where the one dinosaur drops the giant piece of meat in its mouth and completely ignores the carcass at its feet so it can chase the humans. I'm like "Dude! You're surrounded by meat, you'll eat like a king off of that for days, and you're dropping it all to chase after a bunch of rats? What the hell is wrong with you?"

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Star Lord and the Raptor Squad

This needs to be a comic. I would so read it, in a heartbeat.

Also, good to see ya, Chuck.
Last edited by Bagheera on Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:51 pm

Well. . .vultures do eat human carcasses, and dinosaurs are related to birds.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:10 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:And holy fuck, we have a dinosaur whisperer now? Are they going for irony, or are they just that stupid?

Seriously, I'm laughing so hard watching that trailer. Human arrogance knows no bounds.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Cosmo11
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cosmo11 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:58 pm

They are really pushing it with the raptor training scene. Hopefully a T-Rex will kill the hybrid instead of what happened in the third film.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:11 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:
The part I really "love" about that, and I use the term loosely, is the bit where the one dinosaur drops the giant piece of meat in its mouth and completely ignores the carcass at its feet so it can chase the humans. I'm like "Dude! You're surrounded by meat, you'll eat like a king off of that for days, and you're dropping it all to chase after a bunch of rats? What the hell is wrong with you?"

I did used to have a pet praying mantis that acted a bit like that, though I think in the animal kingdom she was more the exception to the rule as most animals are a bit more sensable with their food. What she would do is start eating one bug and then when another one started to go by she'd drop what she was eating, grab the new bug and then start eating it and if another one happened to go by after that she would do the same thing. I don't know if that was a praying mantis thing, or if she was just weird. But at least I don't think she ever jumped off a cliff to grab a bug anyway.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:22 am

Still better than the current Star Wars VII teaser. I at least know exactly how I feel about the premise of JW. (And I think it’s pretty awesome so far.)

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:57 pm

The name of the new Dinosaur is. . . Indominus Rex.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:56 pm

Looks exactly like all the other Jurassic Park movies.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Return to “Film and Video”